Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The second hand market for snowboards sucks in NZ from what I've seen. Seems we just don't have enough people to actually generate any sort of critical mass.

I keep at eye on www.trademe.co.nz in case something decent comes along. A mate got a 163 Ride Machete recently that was only about 5 years old for $150 which was okay, but it needed a full tune including base grind and ptex repair!

Is it worth looking at www.gumtree.com.au or www.ebay.com.au? Presume the shipping cost is prohibitive.

Any other options in NZ?

I'd love to be able to have a quiver, but I've got too many prioirities for my hard-earned cash to buy brand new every season or two :)

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
There's a Facebook group called the Snowboard Marketplace NZ, and another for sale Queenstown but that's obviously town specific. Otherwise not much out there at all, tough market.

·
Registered
119 Posts
There's also "Snow and Surf gear Buy and Sell NZ" and "Snowboard NZ" on Facebook. They're not as well used as Snowboard Marketplace NZ though.

If you see anything good on Snowboard Marketplace, grab it. The good stuff goes real fast.

Saw a Never Summer going cheap. Made an offer within an hour I think it was. Already gone for $70. Guy was leaving the country, just wanted rid!

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I've shipped boards everywhere pretty much.

Even the Netherlands.

TT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts