Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
YOu have SERIOUSLY got to do something about these fucking ads.

It took me 13 trys at posting this before they stopped hijacking my iphone/safari browser. It's absolutely freakin infuriating!!!

I don't care for tapatalk but i have used it to get around some of this but it doesn't have most of the options I prefer to use to view, participate, search and browse the threads.

Here is the offending code? Cut & paste from address window:

http://happy.fortunesfavourite.space/bonus/com-us-wal-amz-ipx-html-p-cdn/lp3.php?c=1az5uvk4z1qz1&k=12107d7706dd32b8304649f7df46dadb&country_code=US&country_name=United States&region=Michigan&city=Farmington&isp=BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS, LLC&lang=en&ref_domain=&os=iOS&osv=10&browser=Safari&browserv=&brand=Apple&model=iPhone&marketing_name=iPhone&tablet=2&rheight=0&rwidth=0&e=5

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
YOu have SERIOUSLY got to do something about these fucking ads.

It took me 13 trys at posting this before they stopped hijacking my iphone/safari browser. It's absolutely freakin infuriating!!!

I don't care for tapatalk but i have used it to get around some of this but it doesn't have most of the options I prefer to use to view, participate, search and browse the threads.

Here is the offending code? Cut & paste from address window:

http://happy.fortunesfavourite.space/bonus/com-us-wal-amz-ipx-html-p-cdn/lp3.php?c=1az5uvk4z1qz1&k=12107d7706dd32b8304649f7df46dadb&country_code=US&country_name=United States®️ion=Michigan&city=Farmington&isp=BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS, LLC&lang=en&ref_domain=&os=iOS&osv=10&browser=Safari&browserv=&brand=Apple&model=iPhone&marketing_name=iPhone&tablet=2&rheight=0&rwidth=0&e=5
Yep, it’s getting ridiculous again. It has happened to me about 10 times just trying to comment on this post.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Just cough up the dough and be done with it.
That's not the fix. Did you not notice? @Kenai is a paid member and it's happening to him.

It isn't just browser specific either. It happens with FireFox, and if you're using Tapatalk & try to switch to web view? It happens there as well.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
I don't know what or how this has anything to do with it, but the ads are more frequent when I'm @home on my wifi network.

It's not exclusive to that,.. but it is a far more frequent occurrence on wifi that thru cellular data only. :shrug:

Don't know if that helps or hurts in trying to get this horse shit eradicated!

For the Admins,.... here's the posts from @Kenai's thread describing the current issue:

The site, picture & url is the same as above. (...picture/site keeps changing on me but its the same 3-4 bullshit "you won a prize" sites!

Here's one of the others I keep seeing:

View attachment 146499

iphone 6S.

IOS 10. something. :shrug:

Safari

Desktop or mobile view, classic mode or full.

This shit doesn't happen on my Mac desktop or laptop computers using the same browser and view. Just my stupid freakin fruit phone.

This is obviously aimed at Crapple users. (...spare me the "get a Samsung" comments please!) :facepalm3:

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I stand corrected.

For some reason being a paid member doesn’t block ads on the phone when using enhanced mobile view. I usually avoid using it, but sometimes it is handy. It also does not block ads if you use Tapatalk and bring up the integrated browser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hello there,

Thanks for the info here: https://www.snowboardingforum.com/site-news-updates-suggestions/260563-you-lucky-ads-2.html
Please keep the topic into one thread.
I'll pass the ones that were reported in the thread.
Note, please copy and paste the full URL.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed
I posted exactly what was in tge url window. When I posted the reply it shortened it to the link that was shown.

The actual url is a paragraph long, but I didnt shorten it. The forum did. :shrug:

Adware bullshit

http://happy.fortunesfavourite.space/bonus/com-us-wal-amz-ipx-html-p-cdn/lp3.php?c=1az5uvk4z1qz1&k=12107d7706dd32b8304649f7df46dadb&country_code=US&country_name=United States&region=Michigan&city=Farmington&isp=BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS, LLC&lang=en&ref_domain=&os=iOS&osv=10&browser=Safari&browserv=&brand=Apple&model=iPhone&marketing_name=iPhone&tablet=2&rheight=0&rwidth=0&e=5

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Here's a new one.

http://app6338.muchgates37.life/2866713518/?u=6gwp605&o=u9hwwna&cid=5e51ec8g6nt8n5de&f=1 [ATTACH]146523._xfImport[/ATTACH] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
I don't have the same issue as Chomps, but yeah this site is fucked on my mobile. I can not load threads 98% of the time, I could see all the new threads posted but when I click on one it would go to a blank page like it's about to load and never actually load. Once in a while a thread will work if I refresh, but seriously low odds of it happening, and that's just to read it; writing a response is futile.
Finally broke down and tried Tappatalk and to my surprise it works. I mean I can't or havn't figured out how to see the likes, and sitting here on my laptop I don't remember if I can give a like thru it, but at least stuff loads and I can respond.

Kind of messed up a third party app can work pretty good and fast but the actual website is so nerfed. Can't help but think this effects the traffic here a great deal.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
This shit only happens on my iPad. It doesn't happen on my Mac or my Samsung Phone running Android.
YEah,.. it must be an iOS thing. I don't see it on my Apple desk or laptop. Just my iPhone.

I've used Tapatalk to work around it when it's gotten really bad, but I just don't care for the format or UI of Tapatalk. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
YEah,.. it must be an iOS thing. I don't see it on my Apple desk or laptop. Just my iPhone.

I've used Tapatalk to work around it when it's gotten really bad, but I just don't care for the format or UI of Tapatalk. :shrug:
Don't worry, you'll learn to embrace Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 95 Posts