Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new to this forum. I recently picked up a 165w team exposure snowboard by Nitro.
I have a background in wake boarding so really enjoy a twin feel but this board is a Directional twin... I set up my bindings so that it would have the same tip and tail length. I moved my rear binding forward by one insert to get this effect. So my question is, does this effect the performance of the board? Can I have it set up as a twin in the park then move it back to standard (offset) for powder days?

Would really love to get some insight! thank you :)

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,442 Posts
thanks for the response! So it shouldn't be an issue placing the rear binding in one insert to ride it as a twin?
Errr ,... no! What he's saying is that leaving it set up as a directional twin, there is little difference.

It might feel awkward to ride if you center your bindings as tho it were a true twin. Can't say for certain. I've seen riders sporting ALL maner of odd set ups as NooBs on the hill. Up to & including a pigeon toed stance on their bindings. So anything is possible.

My point being, It probably can be ridden as a twin. But it certainly won't be an optimal ride as such. I wouldn't choose to ride it like that myself, but wadda I kno! :laugh:

Maybe Start with setting your board up the way it was designed to be ridden and then maybe try changing it up afterwards to see if it's better or not. :shrug:

My 2¢!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks chomps! ill try it out both ways and see what feels best! Do you happen to know if the nitro team exposure is set up as a directional in terms of its flex pattern, camber and edge. or is it just the inserts that have been moved back a touch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts