Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shit ALTA Skiers Say About Snowboarding - YouTube

gotta watch this. People actually think like this.

...."they put on all their earings and nose rings and things,...and then go out snowboarding"......

LOL

Found this video on my quest to find the "Alta is for racists" video. If anyone has that video please link me! I've been on a quest to find that one.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
It's just funny, the only people who have ever taken me out has been skiers. I have had a close calls with snowboarders, but only taken out buy skiers...My first snowboard 12 yrs ago on my first day was given a 2ft gash on the base from an out of control skier.

I love how they are like "it's always been that way, it always will." So all those battles allowing women to vote, and free the slaves, was wrong???

·
Registered
696 Posts
Ignorant

All I say is, when, I repeat, when they finally do switch over to allow boarders (due to the lost revenue), you all need to band together and boycott ALTA, who wants to give their $ to a resort with those ignorant remarks, their skipatrol would only try to prove their point by busting you for every little thing, so why even give them the privilege.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
when they finally do switch over to allow boarders (due to the lost revenue)
You must have missed the response(s) stating that the owner/operator of the resort was not motivated by money.
This must be the case. Since the lifts are already in place, allowing snowboarders would only increase revenue, with the possible exception of a capital investment in creating a jib park and half pipe.

But wow, what attitudes!!
Indeed, after a day of "elite" skiing, they must go back to their plantations and whip their bought slaves into submission.
It's always been that way.

(I think they also believe that the earth is flat, and if man was supposed to fly, he would have been born with wings.)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Old, but funny video.

In my experience, about a third of alta skiers are elitist Nazis. Another third are the standard oblivious gaper types that are everywhere. And the rest are cool people who just want to have fun sliding on snow like the rest of us.

And besides, Altas terrain isn't condusive to snowboarding. Lots of great lines to be had but a lot of flats (and I mean FLAT) that you need to unstrap and skate to get through.

My biggest gripe about alta is that they have really easy access to "Brighton's sidecountry" and therefore track that shit up. :angry:

(I think they also believe that the earth is flat, and if man was supposed to fly, he would have been born with wings.)
Since most of them are LDS, this might be true. They probably also believe that African Americans don't have souls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts