Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about which pow board i was getting, and i remembered about the burton fish. Woah, fish? yeah, fish.

i noticed theres alot of pow guns out there, how come never talks about the fish? Its sintered and has been in the line for quite a while. How is it on groomers? durability? stiff? i was thinking about the 156...

Also, is slash still made in nidecker factory, and do they still make shitty boards?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But really, what makes it worse then hovercraft, camel toe or any other pow board. i like the shape and the stats are there. Plus the est is a plus.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it look like im swimming in cocaine. Now debating if a pow board is really worth it. My lobster has all the float i need..... shit.

·
Registered
518 Posts
But really, what makes it worse then hovercraft, camel toe or any other pow board. i like the shape and the stats are there. Plus the est is a plus.
est is a stupid fucking system

·
Registered
518 Posts
After all this years, it has to be good. Besides the est, what is fish lacking. Is it horrible on groomers? what is a good swallow tail board?
why the fuck would you buy a pow board to ride on groomers it defeats the point of having a pow board.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I do but i get shot down every time i post and the thread will end with you buying a neversummer

·
Registered
397 Posts
I really like the look of the 2014 Fish, only problem with it in my mind is the cost...it's going to be 700.00 and that's 200-300 more than a lot of other pow boards. Considering this season so far hasn't really been a good year for epic pow days, it makes you second guess the investment for a board you might only ride a couple of days a year....cause you know you'll also probably end up buying EST Bindings to go along with it (maybe not), which adds to the costs as well.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I really like the look of the 2014 Fish, only problem with it in my mind is the cost...it's going to be 700.00 and that's 200-300 more than a lot of other pow boards. Considering this season so far hasn't really been a good year for epic pow days, it makes you second guess the investment for a board you might only ride a couple of days a year....cause you know you'll also probably end up buying EST Bindings to go along with it (maybe not), which adds to the costs as well.
You must be drinking tonight. A nice friendly post directed towards Blunthead? Whats wrong with you Torpedo? Next thing you will be private messaging him offering your Hovercraft at a discount....get to bed and get some rest.:laugh:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reason im asking is because i just spotted a cheetah for about 430$ with a cosmetic blem. Ill see if i can dish out. Looks good anyways. Thanks torpedo, appreciate it. Arsenalfan, i know right. I got 1 half decent pow day in, but non the less it would be cool to have one. Im hoping for a march dump and a snowy 2014. Are you guys getting the sunshine season pass next year? or is it going to be the castle one?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sunshine for sure. I will probably buy a Lake Louise pass as well. If I buy both before may it will be around $1300 All In.
Well, lake is 45 minutes farther, but well worth it. I say you go for the lake Louise one and get yourself something nice beside it. Sunshine is cool but not that challenging and they don't get the snow lake does. Im contemplating between Lake Louise and sunshine and i think im going to give lake a try. Are you still picky about the "giving me a lift" thing...?

·
Rides Caturdayz
538 Posts
Superpass is the way to go.. Wish i got that this year. Saturday Bus to fernie and back is like $52.... Cheaper than gas.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was just thinking about which pow board i was getting, and i remembered about the burton fish. Woah, fish? yeah, fish.

i noticed theres alot of pow guns out there, how come never talks about the fish? Its sintered and has been in the line for quite a while. How is it on groomers? durability? stiff? i was thinking about the 156...

Also, is slash still made in nidecker factory, and do they still make shitty boards?
If your looking for a good pow board that does well on groomers, try the hovercraft. some guy won a race with one.

Jones Snowboards's Photos | Facebook

1 - 20 of 31 Posts