Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before Danny Davis broke his back, he beat White by throwing 3 double corks in one run. That was the first time thats been done in a competition, White tried to respond, and biffed his last double cork.

Shaun White just threw huge, hes now throwing 1260 double McTwist's! no lie, watch the video, its sick. Shaun White's double McTwist 1260

Davis and Pearce are out, who do you think can respond to that?

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
That is just too sick...

Now let's get ready for the barrage of haters that will start a debate... oops, looks like I started lol.

Man, I like his jacket too. Must be next year's jacket.

S

·
0 Posts
thats impressive.

just wish he would take some of that to the back country.

·
Veteran Member
11,536 Posts
What a douche...

A super talented, bad ass, crazy talented douche.

As long as he doesn't fall the gold is his. Wow, just wow...

·
Forum Mayor
1,013 Posts
I look at is as he's a kid, douchey or not he is still one talented individual....but really...still a young guy and he has so much exposure he is bound to piss people off.....

I came to a reality while watching the Dew Tour though....they are all soooo young.....I felt like I was a child predator with my dirty thoughts about Danny Davis.....sucky....

Back on track though, they are super aggressive and talented but they are all young men and women just trying to make their mark. They deserve recognition for all the hard work they have put into their talents and not to be judged by people who have never even carried a conversation with them. The pressure they have on them is unreal and for a young person it is important to them what people think of them personally.....kids got mad skills and until I actually have a conversation with him I am not going to comment on him personally.....now I can say that Danny Davis IS one cool cat.....he was super gracious about me getting a pic with him and I think his smile might even have been real...lol (or maybe is was the handful of ass I was grabbing that made him smile)...lol kidding, I thought about it but then thought better......I am an old lady afterall and I would not want to traumatize the poor guy.....

·
Veteran Member
11,536 Posts
It's totally cool for you to go all cougar on him. Especially now that he is probably in traction...

Yeah, I really have no problems with Shaun. Overall he's been good for the sport and the kid is super talented. He is also just that, a kid.

·
Forum Mayor
1,013 Posts
Now thinking back Kill....I should have, he was a long haired hippy lookin' dude...and that is entirely my style! lol...it was the alcohol in me saying "bad idea"...it kept saying the words "drunken disorderly" over and over again.......

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
i was watching the olympic qualifying super pipe and at one point after the run, he was holding his board upright and i couldve sworn it was up to the bottom of his rib cage hahah

smaller board, more spins right?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
That is just too sick...

Now let's get ready for the barrage of haters that will start a debate... oops, looks like I started lol.

Man, I like his jacket too. Must be next year's jacket.
i agree that is a sick jacket....too bad the Never Summer faggots here dont have their own jackets to brag about....so yea they gonna say it sux cuz it "might" be a burton hahaha

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
That is the sickest trick i've ever seen... Davis' triple cork run was tight but that one trick is just so out of this world he could do straight airs the rest of the run and still win gold. I don't even think you could pull that trick off in a video game

·
Registered
189 Posts
Amazing, good link (TC has a link to his blog with no video...not nice brah).

I learned during this weekends pipe broadcast that the french team also built a pipe with a foam pit at the end. So Shaun white may have his own private little spot, but the tech is out there and other people are using it. The double cork has been around for a bit now, people are indeed doing it.

This on the other hand...wow

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
One thing I'd like to add, yes that double mctwist is sick, however you guys are overlooking someone.

I think if Louie Vito were taller he'd be giving everyone a run for their money. I've been lucky enough to ride with him when he was way younger at Boston Mills / Brandywine ski resort. He did the USASA comps there and has been throwing down since he was little. His pipe runs back then were amazing and this is well before he was known by the public. His problem in my opinion is height and weight. Nothing he can do about it really, he's always been small in stature. He's got the double corks back to back, but I think he just needs to be going higher (I refuse to use the word "amplitude")

Sounds like Shaun will win this, but if he's trying the double mctwist and doesn't land it then look for louie or scotty (lago) to be right up there.

Edit: also for the people saying shaun is a douche, louie was a hell of a nice kid back then, so if youre rooting for a nice rider there you go.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts