Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there only was a 3cm difference between both boards, what would be more appropriate for a Beginner-Intermediate boarder(I can already link turns and am starting to do steeper blue runs)? I'm normally a 147 rider and that is the length of the Burton Custom X board but from what I can read it is a much stiffer ride for turning. The longer/soft flex one is a GNU Carbon and it is 150cm long and from what I can read it is much softer and forgiving(but 3cm longer).

147cm stiffer Burton Custom X(I think this was rated 7/10 for stiffness)
150cm softer GNU Carbon(btw this is before Magnetraction was put on them)

Lightly used/older boards but I'm getting such a great deal from a friend that I can't pass it up(we're talking 40 bucks each, with a set of Lib bindings he'll stick on either one I buy free of charge). His quiver is overflowing and is dropping me a deal.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
He's only letting me buy one because he's gonna sell the one I don't pick to another friend :( In a heart beat I would have bought both so I have a softer/stiffer board for different occasions. But I've known him longer so I get first dibs between the 2(he wants us both to join him on trips so that's why I can only have one). :yahoo: I know people say shorter boards are easier to turn but of course the shorter one is stiffer. And that longer boards are a bit harder to turn but this one is much softer than the shorter one. I don't know which one would be more appropriate for not only doing my long curvy S turns but really tight ones as well on the steeper slopes. I need a responsive board that will turn in a snap. The rentals I've been getting were 145 Burton Cruzer and when I checked online...they were Youth versions(embarrassing). 130 lbs boot size 9 here.

Which one of the 2 is better for that?

·
Registered
745 Posts
custom x is a great board, it's directional though while the carbon is a twin, if your still learning, a directional will make things easier. It's really up to you though, as you'll be the one riding it. Regardless of your choice you'll be getting a sweet board...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts