Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys!

I bought a Burton Cannon 164cm at the start of this year from Showcase in Whistler BC.

At the time I knew nothing about snowboarding and just needed a board. But it's far too large for since I'm only 6ft. And today after getting my board back from the tunning center I was told that I had compressed a part of the healside of the board. This was the reason I dropped it in for a minor tune and base grind that I thought would fix the problem. Now I have a board that catches when turn and is too big for me.

Pictures

I hope you can see what I mean. But it just means it catches cause the edges of that side of the board has more rounded than sharp.

Should I
A, Pay 80 dollars to get the edge repacked
B. Buy a new board, but of what brand and model. Not a Burton please I was so unimpressed :(

Some help and guidance would be so greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Based on your size, that board sounds like a decent fit .. depending on your type of riding and conditions. I'm 6ft 180lbs and ride a 165 all mountain board .. the only reason I'd go smaller is if I wanted something a little more playful.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
At your weight, the board is about right. You could go down to a 160-162cm for a little softer ride and some more forgiveness. IMO, I'd get a new board. Sierra is blowing some of their boards out right now, so go check them out before spending $80 to fix your current board.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I would not pay to have the edge repacked, you could probably do this on your own with some epoxy a file, and some clamps. As far as boards go, I would read more about boards to see what type of rider you want to be, choose the style of board you want. Then try to find a good deal on that type of board.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get a new board. everything is on sale right now so just get another board

·
Registered
662 Posts
rounder edges catch less than sharp edges, so that's not the problem...it's your riding experience.

If you still insist on a new board, you might want to keep the 164 for float on powder days and get a 159 for freestyle/groomers riding

If you want to minimize edge catch as much as possible, look at new techs like reverse camber or triple base

1 - 8 of 8 Posts