Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we've necroed the 09/10 season thread, I figure why not make a more timely one? A lot of us won't have our final setup until the fall, given sales and such, but post what you have for now.

·
Registered
975 Posts

I hope I'm wrong, but I won't be buying a pass or any new gear. I'll be lucky if my house ain't foreclosed by then.
Let's hope we can ride next season. If we can't it's going to be really bad for other reasons than not touching snow :(

·
The Swiss Miss
7,378 Posts
Bought this season, but got delivered only few days before the lockdown i.e. have not yet ridden it... I'll count that as 20/21 deck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
As of now for brand new gear I have; 2020 Huck Knife, 2020 Flux DS bindings, Ride Triad boots, and Volcom LO goretex pants and some Neff Ripper Mittens.

Waiting on delivery (mail here normally takes a month, probably much longer now) Volcom Resin Jacket, Volcom Guch Pants and a second pair of Ride Triads.

Thinking about grabbing a Party Platter or Bataleon Surfer if prices get as low as i think they will.

(stock pics for fun)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Freeride/carve/powder:

Endeavor Archetype 160W 2020
Amplid Pentaquark 158 2020
Korua Cafe Racer 159 2020
Yes Optimistic 154 2019
Amplid Unw8 163 2019 (2020 geometry) missing here as the season ended abruptly while my cousin wanted to test it, it’s in his place.

All mountain/all mountain-freestyle:

Capita Mercury 2020 157
Capita Kazu 2019 157
Capita Asymulator 2020 156
Yes PYL 160W 2019 (still not sure if to unwrap it, test it and resell it, my quiver has changed a lot this year)
Yes the Greats 2019 156 (I know I should sell it as my friend has bought my 2019 154 I can ride but it’s hard to part with it)
Rossignol One LF 157 2018 (rock board)

Bindings:
Rome Katanas L/XL 2019
Nitro Machine M 2020
Union Falcor M 2019
Union Falcor M 2020 (I’ve read the new ankle strap is stiffer)

Boots:
Adidas Tactical 2018 10 US
Adidas Tactical 2019 9,5 US

·
Registered
442 Posts
@Yeahti87

Lighten up, buy a party board :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But that's one awesome collection of boards, that Cafe Racer is a smick looking board
Optimistic in 154 is a party board for me ? It’s really playful on the nose and floats great. I’ve just flexed them all and barring the stiff tail it’s like 6,5/10 flex.
I’ve put low intermediates on it and they had no issues working on their first scarves.

Right now I’m more into expanding the quiver (with some reductions ofc, mostly in the all mountain part) with something like Korua Trench Digger, a 10 m sidecut carver. Endeavor Alpha 160W would also match the gang hah

Everything here is subject to change depending on new boards/sizing up the existing ones.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Currently sitting on:

2020 Slush Slasher 151
2018 Ride Berzerker 156
2020 Signal Disruptor 156
2018 Capita Kazu Pro 157
2019 Lib Tech T Rice Pro 157W
2019 Signal Omni 162

The two 156’s are on the chopping block. Hoping to get rid of both and get a 2020 Endeavor Ranger 158. FWIW everything was bought/traded for second hand besides the two Signal boards and the Slush Slasher. And the Signal boards I got 2 for 1 due to a mess up on their end that they said “oh well” about lol. Was crazy lucky there.

Flux DS, Union Force, and Burton Mission are the bindings I rotate through.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Freeride/carve/powder:

Endeavor Archetype 160W 2020
Amplid Pentaquark 158 2020
Korua Cafe Racer 159 2020
Yes Optimistic 154 2019
Amplid Unw8 163 2019 (2020 geometry) missing here as the season ended abruptly while my cousin wanted to test it, it’s in his place.
View attachment 153529
All mountain/all mountain-freestyle:

Capita Mercury 2020 157
Capita Kazu 2019 157
Capita Asymulator 2020 156
Yes PYL 160W 2019 (still not sure if to unwrap it, test it and resell it, my quiver has changed a lot this year)
Yes the Greats 2019 156 (I know I should sell it as my friend has bought my 2019 154 I can ride but it’s hard to part with it)
Rossignol One LF 157 2018 (rock board)
View attachment 153530

Bindings:
Rome Katanas L/XL 2019
Nitro Machine M 2020
Union Falcor M 2019
Union Falcor M 2020 (I’ve read the new ankle strap is stiffer)

Boots:
Adidas Tactical 2018 10 US
Adidas Tactical 2019 9,5 US
How do you like the Kazu? I traded for mine RIGHT before the shut down, never got it up. Pretty stoked about it though. I’m hoping it’ll just fill a spot as my go-to powder day board.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Boards, Left to right:

• Weston Pow Surfer 57
  • Moss Wing Swallow 149
  • Moss Swallow 162
  • Rome Blur 162 (technically an Anthem LTD, but it's a reskinned Blur)
  • Weston Backwoods Splitboard 163
  • Dupraz D1 6' +

Not pictured: United Shapes Cadet 162 I decided to sell next season. Blur may also get swapped out for something that's more a hybrid between Cadet and Blur. Maybe a United Shapes Orbit 57 or Korua Stealth 63.

Bindings
  • NOW Pilot, medium
  • NOW Drive, medium
  • + 2 pairs of NOW Tool-less Kingpin for easy swaps
  • Spark / Burton Frankenbinder, medium Surge base plate, Arc highbacks, large Burton hammockstrap with doubletake hardware
Might have some binding consolidation, just picked up a set of Karakoram Connect R on sale... if I like them, I'll probably sell the Pilots and the Sparks.

Boots
  • Adidas Tactical Lexicon size 10
  • Thirtytwo TM2 XLT Jones variant
TM2 XLT may get swapped out for K2 Aspects. Good-riding boot but so stupidly fucking heavy.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,435 Posts
Bought this season, but got delivered only few days before the lockdown i.e. have not yet ridden it... I'll count that as 20/21 deck.
Weird,.. pic shows in quoted reply but not in your op. ?‍♂
(...I REALLY need to update my IOS. LOL.) ?

Nice ride.

·
Registered
442 Posts
How do you like the Kazu? I traded for mine RIGHT before the shut down, never got it up. Pretty stoked about it though. I’m hoping it’ll just fill a spot as my go-to powder day board.
It’s a very well-rounded board. Floats well but I wouldn’t get it as a dedicated powder board. Powder freestyle - yes.

As you have probably already noticed hand-flexing it (if you have one of the newer ones) it is mid stiff and super lightweight.

Great base glide (structure and base bevel).
Great pop but you have to work a little for it.
Carves well, it has a dynamic feel underfoot while center-flexing and popping between the carves.
Really stable at speed.

Where it lacks for me is the width (if you Euro carve hard and don’t want to ride a duck stance on it). Note that I prefer wide boards even with my 9,5 US super reduced footprint though.
I also don’t find it particulary grippy on ice compared to the rest of the quiver. You can hang on it but due to the base being beveled 1,5 degree I can feel ‚a lag’ in the grip. I myself prefer the 90/0. Less forgiving and a bit worse glide but insta grip while tilted. It’s the same with the Mercury and probably with the Asumulator (default Capita edge tune).

Overall the Kazu is a great versatile board if you don’t ride ice that often and are not into wide boards.
P.S.
It has some funny ‚plankish’ sound when you land a little tail-heavy on a hard pack. No issue, great at jumps, just funny, I kind of like it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It’s a very well-rounded board. Floats well but I wouldn’t get it as a dedicated powder board. Powder freestyle - yes.

As you have probably already noticed hand-flexing it (if you have one of the newer ones) it is mid stiff and super lightweight.

Great base glide (structure and base bevel).
Great pop but you have to work a little for it.
Carves well, it has a dynamic feel underfoot while center-flexing and popping between the carves.
Really stable at speed.

Where it lacks for me is the width (if you Euro carve hard and don’t want to ride a duck stance on it). Note that I prefer wide boards even with my 9,5 US super reduced footprint though.
I also don’t find it particulary grippy on ice compared to the rest of the quiver. You can hang on it but due to the base being beveled 1,5 degree I can feel ‚a lag’ in the grip. I myself prefer the 90/0. Less forgiving and a bit worse glide but insta grip while tilted. It’s the same with the Mercury and probably with the Asumulator (default Capita edge tune).

Overall the Kazu is a great versatile board if you don’t ride ice that often and are not into wide boards.
P.S.
It has some funny ‚plankish’ sound when you land a little tail-heavy on a hard pack. No issue, great at jumps, just funny, I kind of like it.
Thanks for the detailed response.

And yea, I’m definitely not a dude that needs to be on a wide all the time. In fact my favorite board to ride right now has a narrower waist.

And as for the dedicated pow board thing, at this point in time I’m unfortunately a weekend warrior. So I haven’t bothered to get a TRUE powder board yet. This is just the best-in-powder of my quiver currently, or should be at least.

I’m typically riding one of the big three on Mt. Hood, so a lot of time spent on groomers. And ice isn’t a huge issue. We get it here and there, but I wanna say in my 10+ days up this season only my last one was icy. Interesting to know though that the Kazu is less than stellar on that end.

Stoked for the board though either way. It’s definitely something a little bit different for my quiver.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts