Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Four and five. The five-year-old is on skis and can pretty much handle himself. My four-year-old wants to commit to snowboarding this season though so he’s going to be needing attention. No way I can go with both of them at the same time yet.
This was my 4 year old the first time I took her to ski. No way in HELL could I handle both of them at once

·
893 Posts
I can’t wait to be able to enjoy riding like that with my kids. If I ever do, anyway. I won’t force them to if they don’t want, but I’m hoping that growing up into it will give them enough appreciation to enjoy it together like that one day.
How old was your daughter when you first took her out?
5 or 6 years old I reckon. Have two daughters and one loves it and the other hates the snow 😂

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Attitude > Ability or what's attached to your feet for me. I'll happily do slower laps with beginner friends just buttering and messing around on sidehits, as long as they're as stoked to be up there as I am. One of my favourite riding buds is a skier, permanently stoked and just in the best mood it's infectious, happy to send literally anything on the mountain or just cruise and play. Also, they come in handy for traversing to the goods ;)
Good call, 2 of my 3 best riding buddies are skiers. Their poles come in real handy!

My 10 yo daughter skis and 13 yo son rides. Never see my son most days we're up there, he's usually with his buddies doing park laps. Daughter just likes lapping the beginner run a few times and then hangs out in the lodge drinking hot cocoa and playing on her tablet usually. I'm fine with this, especially on pow days!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I can’t wait to be able to enjoy riding like that with my kids. If I ever do, anyway. I won’t force them to if they don’t want, but I’m hoping that growing up into it will give them enough appreciation to enjoy it together like that one day.
How old was your daughter when you first took her out?
I have two younger sons and a much older one. They have all been on a chairlift by age 4.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thanks for the eye candies. I mean the woods, not the kids.

I'm vigorously selling off my quiver so my contribution here would be a pic of blank air. Not quitting or anything, I'm gonna pounce on the coming tsunami of clearance sales, depending on how slope access goes through the season.

Wishing everyone a fun and safe season.

·
Registered
Custom Camber 158, Skeleton Key 158, Blur 159, National 156, Stale Fish 153, Alpha 158 - 8 Photon SO
430 Posts
I'm late to the party but got myself finally dialed in. Got the boards this season with a few days on each but ready for next season to rock out!

Going to picture my Rome Quiver most days it's going to be one or two of these. I've fallen in love with Step On bindings and have a set for each... The black ones pictured here are going on the the Blur, a pair with white base plate black high back are going on the National, a set that's black and white with teal accents is going to the Stale Fish.

Blur 159, National 156, Stale Fish 153

Several other boards have joined my rotation. 158 Burton Custom as a rock board, another fresh 158 custom, 158 Skeleton Key, 159 Process (you know I never enjoyed riding this one. Probably be better for a park rider 2016 model with snakes. Will likely sell) and Endeavor Alpha 158.

New Additions I got at end of season is a Burton Throwback Chill edition for sled hill fun and Burton Backseat Driver to experience some Pow Surfing ordered this morning since it finally came in stock!

181 - 198 of 198 Posts