Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have you taken out the Powder Division yet, or nah?

I was ready to buy it on Rome’s website with the 40% off. Figured I’d call my local shop first and found out that they’re still open “by appointment”. They have a price matching policy.

Went in ready to buy the board but wanting to look around first. Manager was helping me out, raves about the Rome and said that he had the 153 himself. I asked about any other suggested pow boards and of course he mentioned the Sashimi. Ended up honoring the 40% off on the Sashimi as well and I wound up picking that up instead.
Yep, it's been on the hill, rode it in Japan too. Great float and very stable ride on/off pow. It's the kind of pow board you can always rely on, but it's nothing fancy.
I bet Sashimi rides great too, was considering it for a while. I just liked the Black Ops graphics better..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yep, it's been on the hill, rode it in Japan too. Great float and very stable ride on/off pow. It's the kind of pow board you can always rely on, but it's nothing fancy.
I bet Sashimi rides great too, was considering it for a while. I just liked the Black Ops graphics better..
Sweet. Glad you like the Pow Division, it definitely seems like a great board for what it’s supposed to do. Hopefully the Sashimi is great too and I don’t regret the decision haha

And yea, I’m not the biggest fan of the Sashimi graphics. Or Rossignol’s in general this year. But I can live with “meh” graphics if the board is sweet on the mountain.

Also a side note since you mentioned the Black Ops thing, I’m curious to see if this year’s board will be released next season and what it may look like if/when it happens.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sweet. Glad you like the Pow Division, it definitely seems like a great board for what it’s supposed to do. Hopefully the Sashimi is great too and I don’t regret the decision haha

And yea, I’m not the biggest fan of the Sashimi graphics. Or Rossignol’s in general this year. But I can live with “meh” graphics if the board is sweet on the mountain.

Also a side note since you mentioned the Black Ops thing, I’m curious to see if this year’s board will be released next season and what it may look like if/when it happens.
The new Black Ops is Rossignol Juggernaut, their new slopestyle twin. Agnarchy has reviewed it.

On the Sashimi - I’ve ridden one my friend owns, unfortunately too small for me in 152 with that narrow backfoot width but overall a fun board. It still floated very well in powder in that size. I had the XV and definitely a step down in aggressiveness.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just finished setting this up, 2020 Burton flight attendant split 158 with Hitchhiker bindings.
Hopefully the travel bans are lifted by winter.
Hell yeah, just got my flight credit and accomm refunded for NZ today :cry:, some whispers starting to surface about relaxing restrictions so maybe by late in the season we can hit Aus fields or even sneak across the ditch.

Nice set-up - Something to look at and tinker with for a few months. I saw my Amplid left Germany this morning and due here week after next.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hell yeah, just got my flight credit and accomm refunded for NZ today :cry:, some whispers starting to surface about relaxing restrictions so maybe by late in the season we can hit Aus fields or even sneak across the ditch.

Nice set-up - Something to look at and tinker with for a few months. I saw my Amplid left Germany this morning and due here week after next.
Even if the lifts don't open this year I'm good to go with this setup, just need to be allowed to travel for exercise! Next project is to get my car setup for snow camping.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’m putting new gear purchases on hold, in case next snowboard season is delayed or (hopefully not) cancelled. It’s not easy since I love browsing for deals and clearance prices.

But I’d rather hold on to my money for other things right now. My gear is perfectly dialed-in and functioning, especially since I loaded up for this 2019-20 season that got cut short.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I just got the Party Wave, so I haven't rode it yet. Their flex is pretty similar, but the camber on the slightly softer Party Wave has more snap and rebound even when hand flexing. The Party Wave has more sidecut depth but is slightly wider at the nose contact point. I'm stoked to see what the differences feel like on the snow. Really curious about that 3bt.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nice boards, interested whether there is much overlap between the Slush Slasher and Party Wave. the Party Wave is a board I'd love to try, in fact 3BT in general is something I'd like to experience. The Amplid boards look so nice, that Penta just looks like a workout.

Edit* just saw @zc1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Probably not the most "rad" setup, but I'm super stoked for next season. Just got a brand new 2019 model Process (159) straight from Burton slightly under 300 USD, and a set of Custom EST bindings for 150 USD. Never tried EST before, I'm curious how different it will feel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
End of season sales were too good for me not to update my 13-14 years old boards and things got complicated with boots and bindings...
I’m sitting on these 3 unused boards for next season (all 2019-2020 versions):
Salomon Assassin 158W with K2 Formulas
Salomon Huck Knife 155W with either another pair of Formulas or Cartels (to determine)
Gnu Headspace 155 with Cartels

I’m on the east coast on a very small hill. It’s all about freestyle.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts