Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

141 - 160 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
No edge on the pow surfer.

I haven’t ridden a pow surfer yet. Came across a good deal in early offseason and pulled the trigger.

Plan is to strap it to my pack on the split board and do some mellow terrain on big avy danger days. But need to figure out some sort of boot solution. Snowboard boots don’t have enough ankle articulation. Will probably carry my Sorels with me and swap.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Pow surfer would be a great addition. I have a Burton throwback but not really the same exact thing.

·
Registered
540 Posts
If you're interested in a trade for this board I'm going to be getting rid of some of mine. I'll post pics in a bit.
Let me know, but most likely will sell. My main goal is to downsize the quiver a bit. Kids are in the horizon in the next couple years, and this may be the last season for a while I'm able to make use of a full quiver. Heads up that it does have a (repaired) core shot in the base.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
No edge on the pow surfer.

I haven’t ridden a pow surf yet. Came across a good deal in early offseason And pulled the trigger.

Plan is to strap it to my pack on the split board and do some mellow terrain on big avy danger days. But need to figure out some sort of boot solution. Snowboard boots don’t have enough ankle articulation and my Sorels are a little bulky to carry in the pack.
I wear an old pair of Nike snowboard boots that are really broken in and pretty soft, and they're fine. Have also worn stiffer boots that worked also, though definitely aren't ideal. Deeluxe and Vans both make boots that are great for it, I'll be getting the Deeluxe ones at some point.

@WigMar, I have a barracuda, it's awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
540 Posts
I wear an old pair of Nike snowboard boots that are really broken in and pretty soft, and they're fine. Have also worn stiffer boots that worked also, though definitely aren't ideal. Deeluxe and Vans both make boots that are great for it, I'll be getting the Deeluxe ones at some point.
Yea, unfortunately I prefer stiffer boots for the most part.

I may opt for the Deeluxe and Vans ones at some point if they're stiff enough for me to do some really basic touring in.

Another possibility is trying to find a good price on some K2 Taro Tamais... but I'm not quite sure if those are either stiff enough to tour in or soft enough for pow surfing.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yea, unfortunately I prefer stiffer boots for the most part.

I may opt for the Deeluxe and Vans ones at some point if they're stiff enough for me to do some really basic touring in.

Another possibility is trying to find a good price on some K2 Taro Tamais... but I'm not quite sure if those are either stiff enough to tour in or soft enough for pow surfing.
They're stiff enough for basic touring, that's what the Grassroots guys use with the pow surfer splits.

I've pow surfed in Malamutes, like I said, not ideal, but think you'd be surprised, they're fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
665 Posts
Nice boards :)

I'm curious why you bought the smaller Pencil when you have the Trannyfinder plus...
Thanks. Got the TFinder+ initially cos was really curious to see/feel the performance difference between reg line, and the plus. And the 57 T.Finder+ was the length I preferred the most, compared to the other plus models available.

And I've always liked the Pencil's shape, and the 59 fit my specs preferences much more than the 64, esp with my size 8US boots. I already have the 57 TF+ at 26.9cm ww, so wasn't as keen to have another board at that same ww. 25.6cm-26cm ww is my sweet spot, personally.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Thanks. Got the TFinder+ initially cos was really curious to see/feel the performance difference between reg line, and the plus. And the 57 T.Finder+ was the length I preferred the most, compared to the other plus models available.

And I've always liked the Pencil's shape, and the 59 fit my specs preferences much more than the 64, esp with my size 8US boots. I already have the 57 TF+ at 26.9cm ww, so wasn't as keen to have another board at that same ww. 25.6cm-26cm ww is my sweet spot, personally.
How much u weigh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had such a good time demo-ing the Bataleon boss this southern season that I ended up picking it up as my daily driver. Found a Party Wave + on sale so have picked that up as well just to give it a go (fingers crossed over in Japan).

I really like how these weird graphic themes look in real life with the matte blacks and wooden grain.

Other boards I rode or demoed this season were - ride warpig, bataleon evil twin, nitro team, endeavor pioneer, and rome agent & national. All good boards for their own use cases.

·
893 Posts
Had such a good time demo-ing the Bataleon boss this southern season that I ended up picking it up as my daily driver. Found a Party Wave + on sale so have picked that up as well just to give it a go (fingers crossed over in Japan).

I really like how these weird graphic themes look in real life with the matte blacks and wooden grain.

Other boards I rode or demoed this season were - ride warpig, bataleon evil twin, nitro team, endeavor pioneer, and rome agent & national. All good boards for their own use cases.

View attachment 154906
How did you find the National? I rode it for 5 days or so in Japan this year and didn't mind it but it didn't jump out at me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How did you find the National? I rode it for 5 days or so in Japan this year and didn't mind it but it didn't jump out at me.
Solid board, I was riding the wide so it was very versatile. A bit aggressive for me in the park but a solid quiver of one that didn't seem to excel at anything but was solid at everything.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts

View attachment 154906
How did you find the 2021 boss to the evil twin? Much stiffer? Anything else?

I have a 2020 ET and want the 21 boss

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
New board came in today, Arbor Crosscut camber 162. Fills my quiver for freeride/hard and fast days. Other boards in the quiver are Jones Mind Expander 158 for powder days and Jones Mountain Twin 157 for daily driver/tight NE trees.

Really hyped for snow.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Looks like a nice one!

·
Registered
15 Posts
How did you find the 2021 boss to the evil twin? Much stiffer? Anything else?

I have a 2020 ET and want the 21 boss
Nice! Yeah a bit stiffer and a bit damper, definitely noticed a difference in my legs at the end of the day. 2021 boss has this air ride tech, not sure if it does much but I did feel zero leg fatigue after a days riding.

You lose a bit of playfulness obviously but it's better for charging around and riding through chunder. I don't think it's as stiff as the Goliath was though so still good fun. Not as easy to pop or press.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Nice! Yeah a bit stiffer and a bit damper, definitely noticed a difference in my legs at the end of the day. 2021 boss has this air ride tech, not sure if it does much but I did feel zero leg fatigue after a days riding.

You lose a big of playfulness obviously but it's better for charging around and riding through chunder. I don't think it's as stiff as the Goliath was though so stiff fun. Not as easy to pop or press.
Hmmmm. I Wonder if I should stick with the ET...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't buy it just because it's supposed to be better or anything, it's a different ride. If I was jibbing more or riding park a lot I'd go with the ET. Mostly I'm just riding around the mountain though so the boss is perfect.

141 - 160 of 198 Posts