Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1621 - 1640 of 1668 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just in time for more lockdowns in Australia. Year 2 of doing absolutely nada. It looks like it's going to be a fun board though. The tail doesn't feel particularly stiff (mentions something about XPIC 202)

View attachment 158712
Ooooh lovely! But don't ride it - that belongs on a wall! Get the non-UnInc one for actual riding.

I was a bee's dick away from pulling the trigger on the Basic RDM UnInc - Yes REALLY REALLY nailed the graphics on their UnInc decks this year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ooooh lovely! But don't ride it - that belongs on a wall! Get the non-UnInc one for actual riding.

I was a bee's dick away from pulling the trigger on the Basic RDM UnInc - Yes REALLY REALLY nailed the graphics on their UnInc decks this year.
I have an internal chuckle at Yes' tagline of 'Wait, they made a good looking Hybrid?!' for their regular hybrid because they either ruin the base (2022), the topsheet (2020), or both (2021).
This ones going to be ridden and might be put on a wall later. I'd love to put an Arbor Annex up but that thing costs an arm and a leg.

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Since selling my 163 Squash I've been wanting a bigger board back in the quiver, hard to say no to this one 30% off at my local. 164cm, 22mm taper, 9.5 sidecut. Looks monstrous next to the gfs new 146! Different enough from what I've currently got that it's fully justifiable hah. Aiming to downsize the quiver anyway and get rid of 2-3 boards, hopefully it's a keeper.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just in time for more lockdowns in Australia. Year 2 of doing absolutely nada. It looks like it's going to be a fun board though. The tail doesn't feel particularly stiff (mentions something about XPIC 202)

View attachment 158712
Hopefully it pays off for you! I was about to jump on an Amplid Aloha Vibes, but at the very last second - literally, I've got Flux bindings in my cart, I've added the Amplid, and my finger is hovering over the "pay now" button.... I caught myself, and asked myself what I'm REALLY after, in my next deck.

So, I went for this! Yes Hybrid DCP 157: good waist width / directional / floaty nose which should do decently in Japow (even though it's not a dedicated pow deck) / biggest clincher - the tapered underbite, which should serve me well in Falls icy morning groomed (they groom BEFORE the lowest temp point overnight, rather than in the morning as it starts to warm up, so = ICY).

Is it as pretty in person as it is online? Mine will be coming in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
656 Posts
My current set ---
ENDEAVOR snowboards

2020 BOD 2019 HIGH-5
2020 BURTON 2018 BURTON
EST MALAVITA blueboy EST CARTEL

View attachment 158718 View attachment 158719
Dude! I see a number of car care items on those shelves - sort your game out! You need a dedicated car care shelf!

PS NO SPONGES when washing cars - have a dedicated microfibre kit! (Sorry, I'm a borderline anal weekend warrior when it comes to car detailing).

·
Registered
957 Posts
Since selling my 163 Squash I've been wanting a bigger board back in the quiver, hard to say no to this one 30% off at my local. 164cm, 22mm taper, 9.5 sidecut. Looks monstrous next to the gfs new 146! Different enough from what I've currently got that it's fully justifiable hah. Aiming to downsize the quiver anyway and get rid of 2-3 boards, hopefully it's a keeper.

View attachment 158753
I see some sites calling it a flat while others say it’s camber dominant. Could you post the pics of the camber loaded and unloaded and how’s the real flex on that thing? The nose in particular. That sidecut has peaked my interest huh

·
Registered
471 Posts

View attachment 158753
Im selling mine Party Shark 161 because bought too small, should have gone for the 164.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very nice, would love to try each of these boards.
I love the Typo. Has great edge hold with the underbite, is quick edge to edge and is just a great all mountain freestyle deck that can truly rip anything. I like the Dancehaul and it rips as well but it's a little too soft for what I want to do with it. That's why I picked up the Select.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Probs time I should update my quiver in here.
Sports equipment Skateboard Musical instrument Guitar Shelf

From left to right:
  • Rome Pow Division MT 157
  • Option Dufficy 159, circa 2008
  • Marhar LJ 158
  • K2 Party Platter 152
  • Rome Pow Division PT 160
  • Amplid Stereo 155
  • Yes Hybrid DCP 157
For 2022 season, I'm thinking:
  • Amplid Stereo 158 or Paradigma 159
  • Yes Hybrid 153 or 157, and mount the one above on the wall, as an art piece
  • Sell the Marhar, the Rome PT160, and maybe the Rome MT157 (even though it's been really, really good to me), if it turns out the edge tech on the Hybrid is as good as many reviews say it is.

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
I see some sites calling it a flat while others say it’s camber dominant. Could you post the pics of the camber loaded and unloaded and how’s the real flex on that thing? The nose in particular. That sidecut has peaked my interest huh
Just got to work and saw this, will try update with some pics later but first thing I did when I got it home was put it on the floor and check the profile out in detail haha. It's definitely camber dominant, unweighted I'd say the nose rocker goes to say 2 inches in front of the insert pack, weighted the rocker moves further back to directly in line with the start of the inserts. The tail goes flat for maybe 2 inches before the rear contact, which lifts up when weighted but stays in contact unweighted. Flex has some beef to it, overall feels a touch softer than my Nitro Banker, and oddly (or not) the nose and tail flex actually feel quite similar just flexing it into the carpet, so given the tail is shorter and more cambered vs the long rockered nose, the additives in the nose have to be doing something. I'm very interested to see how it behaves in chop! I think it should fill the role I have in mind for it, mostly open alpine face riding off the back of Lake Louise. Big floaty stable nose, 20ish mm of taper, long side cut, supportive but not overly demanding flex. Width under the back inserts is 26.6 so not ideal for eurocarves but that's not what I bought it for and I'm sure I'll still enjoy carving on it too.

Im selling mine Party Shark 161 because bought too small, should have gone for the 164.
How'd you like the overall ride feel of it?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Probs time I should update my quiver in here.
View attachment 158768

From left to right:
  • Rome Pow Division MT 157
  • Option Dufficy 159, circa 2008
  • Marhar LJ 158
  • K2 Party Platter 152
  • Rome Pow Division PT 160
  • Amplid Stereo 155
  • Yes Hybrid DCP 157
For 2022 season, I'm thinking:
  • Amplid Stereo 158 or Paradigma 159
  • Yes Hybrid 153 or 157, and mount the one above on the wall, as an art piece
  • Sell the Marhar, the Rome PT160, and maybe the Rome MT157 (even though it's been really, really good to me), if it turns out the edge tech on the Hybrid is as good as many reviews say it is.
Funny, I've got a 155 lumberjack and a 157 (I think?) party platter.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1621 - 1640 of 1668 Posts