Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1761 - 1780 of 1807 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
woodcarver has a little early rise in the tip and tail, and less effective edge, so it's a little looser and more forgiving. Banker is stiffer, faster, more powerful, but takes a little more work to starve turns at lower speeds. I use the woodcarver at work on the hill as its easy to ride and move around at slower speeds.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
woodcarver has a little early rise in the tip and tail, and less effective edge, so it's a little looser and more forgiving. Banker is stiffer, faster, more powerful, but takes a little more work to starve turns at lower speeds. I use the woodcarver at work on the hill as its easy to ride and move around at slower speeds.
Did they cut the Woodcarver from the Nitro line-up?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
View attachment 161345

I think this will be my quiver from now on. From left to right:

Tur Bubo 150 - Trees and general fun.
Tur Pluv 159 - all mountain, turning, switch, general resort board.
Korua Pencil plus 164 - Powder, nice groomers and carving.
Korua Bullet Train plus 160 - carving when there are space and less crowded pistes.

Still have my First Call and Tracer but thinking about getting rid of them. Love the sidecut on the First Call 151, so maybe I'll just keep it.
So quoting my own post to brag a little that I think I nearly managed to find my perfect quiver with these ones. The Pluv turned out to have nice edge grip even though it's a bit shorter on the effective edge. Really nice turner riding slightly set back and double positive angles. Speed doesn't make it feel sketchy at all. The grip on icy steeps is really nice when you're not holding back.

Also been riding the Bullet Train more than usual and it's actually not bad riding narrower runs as long as you don't have to worry about running people over.

Finally down to four boards! I could probably swap the Pencil and the Bullet Train for a Tur Buteo 162 and get down to three, but I don't think I could give up on the Bullet Train.

Of course I could always get new boards, but as far as a non splitboard quiver goes, this is pretty much it for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sports equipment Skateboard Snowboard Ski Equipment Ski

157 Rome powder division- powder board
164 Nidecker ultralight- powder board/trying to sell
166w Burton custom x- daily driver
160 Slash brainstorm- rock board
159w Slash atv- rock board
160w k2 raygun- loan to friends board
154 silence idk- my first board ever
165 ride commissioner- carving board
152 k2 party platter- party/park board
165w Jones carbon flagship- giving this to my brother

Bindings
K2 sonic
Union forged carbon ultra
Union falcor
Burton genesis x reflex
Now O-drive
Rome black label
Rome katana

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
How do you like the Pyre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stoked on it. 150 was the right size for me for sure. Haven't ridden it through anything that can even remotely be considered powder, but I had a great time on groomers. I doubt I'll have any issues in even deeper snow. Unsure if I want to keep my 156 simple pleasures now that I have this.

Fiance didn't love hers but I did downsize her boards a fair amount. I think we just need to play with the binding angles and stance position to see what she likes. She's been really swamped this year and hasn't been able to get out much. The ember is a 140 and the sonnet is a 147 but I didn't want to get her a 145 since she has a tailgunner and hovercraft both 148. I need to measure the reference stance on the tailgunner and set this one up similarly. Or maybe just set it up +/+without telling her lol. I hope it didn't end up being just too small for her. I got it for her as a tree board so she'd have less length to play with. The bases are plenty fast so I don't think it's going to hold her up. She's likely in the upper quarter of the weight range for the board and probably smack in the center for the 145.

I rode mine with the back foot at +6 and it felt fantastic. I got the pyre and not the ember this time. If I end up at loon nh again, I might see if I can borrow her dad's 150 ember and do a back to back comparison to see how the flex difference feels. Honestly though this didn't feel too stiff and it's a moot point since they're making the entire line the pyre starting next season afaik.

1761 - 1780 of 1807 Posts