1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Height: 5'11
Weight: 170 lb
footsize: 11.5
Riding Style: downhill NO skatepark(until I get better)
Level: I have boarded for 2/3 years about 2-3 weeks each year. I can carve pretty easily and go on all slopes. So i guess i'm intermediate.

This is my first time buying a board and I needed some advice on what size board to buy.

Sierra Reverse Crew Wide Snowboard in size 159 or 162. I would get 160 but they don't have that size.

Specs: (length-waist width)
159-254mm
162-257mm

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Don't buy a Sierra. They did enough damage when they were in business with their shitty buying and discount practises.

How much are these going for now? Lets find you something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they were selling the board for $200 and binding for $100. I got $400 for my bday and im going to spend $100 on shoes so i have $300 for the board and binding

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
1 thing about the sierra lines to be aware of, they're downgraded versions of the items they claim to be comparable to, not the same as.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh ok. I was looking into some cheap burton boards. Would you happen to know any other good snowboard brands?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
at 170 you're somewhere between 154 and 158 depending on board and where you ride. Used is always an option given your budget. If you want new, wired sports will have gear in your budget and they have great cs. Evo and dogfunk will also be worth checking out for nos equipment you'll need to know what you want though.

Don't worry so much about a particular brand and instead focus on a quality board that fits your riding.

***boots will be the most important item you buy, best to be professionally fit and not a place to cheap out.***

1 - 7 of 7 Posts