Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
You can downsize a bit, but I really didn't. At 220#, I ride a 166 at the resort, and split on a 162. I'm considering getting a 162 for a main resort tree board, and using the 166 for the deep days. I'm trying to justify it by telling myself I'll damage my Surfari less.

I think @ridethecliche has some experience with the 148, or at least his girlfriend does.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Trying to resist getting the 162 for me. Be good fit with my other boards.

I think I'll go for the 148 for my son in law. Just checked out promo vid and guy (about same size) was ripping on a 148 which he said he normally used. Only issue is too small for me to steal from him.;)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Trying to resist getting the 162 for me. Be good fit with my other boards.

I think I'll go for the 148 for my son in law. Just checked out promo vid and guy (about same size) was ripping on a 148 which he said he normally used. Only issue is too small for me to steal from him.;)
My split is a 66, wish I had gotten the 62 instead. For a solid I'd definitely get the 66 for me though. I bet he'll like the 48. With the big old nose I would think it will float enough and would be a lot of fun in the trees. Not sure how the solid is, I'm sure the flex is way different than the split. Might be too soft, but Wig will know better than me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can downsize a bit, but I really didn't. At 220#, I ride a 166 at the resort, and split on a 162.
I bet he'll like the 48. With the big old nose I would think it will float enough and would be a lot of fun in the trees. Not sure how the solid is, I'm sure the flex is way different than the split. Might be too soft, but Wig will know better than me.
Thanks guys. I went ahead and ordered one. Can't beat that price for quality board. Or even a crap board for that much. I think it's got enough width to size down. It's close to my Mosquito which I ride at 152 so 148 should be a fun board for him.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My split is a 66, wish I had gotten the 62 instead. For a solid I'd definitely get the 66 for me though. I bet he'll like the 48. With the big old nose I would think it will float enough and would be a lot of fun in the trees. Not sure how the solid is, I'm sure the flex is way different than the split. Might be too soft, but Wig will know better than me.
6’5 250 11.5 boot, 166, correct?

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can downsize a bit, but I really didn't. At 220#, I ride a 166 at the resort, and split on a 162. I'm considering getting a 162 for a main resort tree board, and using the 166 for the deep days. I'm trying to justify it by telling myself I'll damage my Surfari less.

I think @ridethecliche has some experience with the 148, or at least his girlfriend does.
Wig now I feel like I have to get one after your tree post, 6’5 250 11.5 boot, 166 or 162? Thinking 166

·
Registered
283 Posts
You all make me feel like a minimalist when I read about all the boards you own and be buying. More power and stoke to you all.

I will be at 4 boards (including my rock board) for my quiver, down from 6 at the start of last season.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts