Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Those Grassroots Flying Carpet boards look sick. How hard is the transition from being locked in to free-riding a Pow Surfer? Would love to try.

Are they restricted to certain conditions like heavy powder days?
Doesn't have to be super deep, but they aren't much fun and really hard to stop in less than a foot or so, minimum. Movements are pretty different, but having the balance already ingrained seemed to help. I can't recommend it enough though, it's so much fun!

6’5 250 11.5 boot, 166, correct?
You're damn near my exact size, definitely 166.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Phew. Missed it.
↪Two phrases I don't usually put together. But my reduced quiver is still north of 1 per days of the week so... gotta be strong. Still, a smoking deal.

God I don’t need a new deck, just bought a 166, fuck I need some sort of rehab
This and your two subsequent posts perfectly illustrated your decision process. Totally made my day. 😂

·
Registered
169 Posts
Phew. Missed it.
↪Two phrases I don't usually put together. But my reduced quiver is still north of 1 per days of the week so... gotta be strong. Still, a smoking deal.

This and your two subsequent posts perfectly illustrated your decision process. Totally made my day. 😂
haha ye impulse buying at its worst, didn’t help that this forum had been hyping the deck as a tree slaying titan. It’s probably time to sell some decks…

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
You can downsize a bit, but I really didn't. At 220#, I ride a 166 at the resort, and split on a 162. I'm considering getting a 162 for a main resort tree board, and using the 166 for the deep days. I'm trying to justify it by telling myself I'll damage my Surfari less.

I think @ridethecliche has some experience with the 148, or at least his girlfriend does.

Thanks for the tag.

I actually rode my gfs board a few times. I'm 175 with a size 8 boot but the tailgunner is kinda volume shifted since it's like 25.5 cm wide. That's like the 157 korua otto. I'd honestly give it a shot if it's 200 bucks given your weight.

@treehugger , I'd give it a shot imho. Even if it's not the absolute best pow board, it'll still be a riot if you're in the 150s with a bootsize thats in the 10ish or below range.

Damn that's tempting lol. I love the graphic for this one so I'm slightly tempted to go for it as a yup replacement since it has longer EE and wider WW even though it's a 148 vs 153.5.

I think it's really worth a shot, esp at that price man!

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Dammit what to do... I was literally about to pull the trig on a Korua Dart 64, but this is half the price...The Korua speaks to my soul...But this is half the price aaaahhhhh

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dammit what to do... I was literally about to pull the trig on a Korua Dart 64, but this is half the price...The Korua speaks to my soul...But this is half the price aaaahhhhh
Thanks for the tag.

I actually rode my gfs board a few times. I'm 175 with a size 8 boot but the tailgunner is kinda volume shifted since it's like 25.5 cm wide. That's like the 157 korua otto. I'd honestly give it a shot if it's 200 bucks given your weight.

@treehugger , I'd give it a shot imho. Even if it's not the absolute best pow board, it'll still be a riot if you're in the 150s with a bootsize thats in the 10ish or below range.

Damn that's tempting lol. I love the graphic for this one so I'm slightly tempted to go for it as a yup replacement since it has longer EE and wider WW even though it's a 148 vs 153.5.

I think it's really worth a shot, esp at that price man!
Buy both and sell the one you don’t like for 300, you end up ahead

·
Registered
Flow Fuse-GT, Burton Cartels, Nitro Team TLS, Weston Backwoods, Burton Supermodel, '03 Burton Custom
1,776 Posts
Some nice deals. I'd jump all over that Tailgunner 166 if I didn't already own a Weston Backwoods 167w. The Tailgunner Split is tempting at that price....

·
Registered
Flow Fuse-GT, Burton Cartels, Nitro Team TLS, Weston Backwoods, Burton Supermodel, '03 Burton Custom
1,776 Posts
I think that @WigMar has been stoked on his.
I've read his posts about the Tailgunner. I had it narrowed down to the Tailgunner, Arbor Crosscut and Weston Backcountry. Couldn't have gone wrong with any of them. I think I chose the Weston because it was the widest and wide boards all the rage for now. Plus Weston is a Colorado company and I'm from Colorado.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts