Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
While the Signal Rocker is a rad board in its own way, it's probably not what you want. The Rocker Light is a little more comparable but when I just want to jib around I grab my Park Flat. That's what I prefer out of the Signal lineup for softer jibbby boards.

Between that and the Disaster is just gonna be whether you want camber or not. Camber is going to be a little harder to press, but you can be more precise with it and it legitimately makes you a better jibber.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While the Signal Rocker is a rad board in its own way, it's probably not what you want. The Rocker Light is a little more comparable but when I just want to jib around I grab my Park Flat. That's what I prefer out of the Signal lineup for softer jibbby boards.

Between that and the Disaster is just gonna be whether you want camber or not. Camber is going to be a little harder to press, but you can be more precise with it and it legitimately makes you a better jibber.
What makes it something that I wouldn't want? It has a pretty big rocker profile and is extremely soft. If it makes ground tricks and presses easier, I'm all for it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i'm 5'5 155 and i have a 148 park rocker and a 149 bataleon funkink. I love both boards but the park rocker is a NOODLE! if you're looking to press anything, that's the board you want but not great for jumps, even medium ones. if you wanna spin , you won't stop spinning once you land. it's amazing for ground tricks, so much fun to mess around with but not if you wanna go big. wasn't even trying to hard to press

Attachments

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
It's actually stiffer than the park and comparably in flex almost to the OG. With that much rocker it only feels softer.

The way the amount of rocker reacts just requires a little more precision. Its fairly easy to go over the handlebars on it. When you get into the right position its locked and stable but otherwise its not an easy board to get technical with. And the other downside is if you learn to press on the Rocker, if you move to something else your technique wont transfer over easily. It's a unique ride, and you ride it differently than anything else.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the camber on the Disaster in terms of stiffness..it may have camber but it's a noodle. The main issue I would have is if you actually have ridden TBT or know you will like it. My Evil Twin turned out to be a real bust for me, I can't even bring myself to try it again to see if I like it now after a few hundred more days under my belt, it just gathers dust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts