Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to be cheap here, but would like to help her get as nice as stuff as possible ROXY and whatever else girls where. looking for jacket, pants, gloves, etc. Also is there certain "styles" that I should be looking for?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I just ordered my girl a bunch of stuff from departmentofgoods.com

The selection is usually limited but the prices are great.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, trying to get the fiance fitted with outerwear...

I've been keeping my eye on Steepandcheap.com and whiskeymilitia.com as I noticed they had a couple women's jackets on there but it's luck of the draw as far as when the next deal for a jacket will pop up.

I just bought some shoes off Dogfunk for myself and their prices are great but their return policy sucks IMO (had to return shoes because they were a size too small, ON MY EXPENSE. zappos and shoes.com have free return policies so that kinda pissed me off).

Anyways, back to the point, I'm thinking I'll end up trying the-house or departmentofgoods or just waiting until the Ski/Snowboard convention in November.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Altrec has a great return policy, hell I get boots there all the time try them on and if they dont fit send them back for another size no problem ever. A big plus is they have free lifetime returns just like REI.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Here's what's in my bookmarks for online snowboard shops:
Altrec
Backcountry
Buckmans
Buy Snow
Daddies Board Shop
Department of Goods
Dogfunk
Eternal Snow
EVO
Fresh Air Concept
Freeride Boardshop
Island Snow
Milosport
Moose Jaw
Pro Board Shop
Sierra Snowboard
The House

And if you know specifically what product you're looking for:
The Find
Spadout

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Shit she probably knows the sites anyway...or at least one's that she'll buy from.

But...buying clothes for any woman....sister, gf, wife

FAIL

Obviously you guys are delusional if you think that will work.

Just get used to bending over and handing them cash, ck book or credit card...which is also crazy but at least not as dumb nor frustrating...btw cash is best option of the three.;)

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Looks like you either have some learning to do, or have ran into some ungrateful women.

Bought my lady new boots, pants, and a board just for the shred season and she loves it all.

I like departmentofgoods and gearscan.com

Found a Never Summer Infinity discounted at a local store a couple weeks ago.

Got her some Nike Airforce boots

And some Nike 6.0 pants

Shit she probably knows the sites anyway...or at least one's that she'll buy from.

But...buying clothes for any woman....sister, gf, wife

FAIL

Obviously you guys are delusional if you think that will work.

Just get used to bending over and handing them cash, ck book or credit card...which is also crazy but at least not as dumb nor frustrating...btw cash is best option of the three.;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trying to be cheap here, but would like to help her get as nice as stuff as possible ROXY and whatever else girls where. looking for jacket, pants, gloves, etc. Also is there certain "styles" that I should be looking for?
me also looking for my GF these, If you know any store so please share the details with me....! Love you...:)

·
Registered
819 Posts
I think I am the man in my relationship, I buy the b/f's stuff.
It's tough to find nice boarding pants for cheap. Best bet is use the steep and cheap tracker and wait. They have had the odd great deal on there.

Does she like bright colours? I just love the new Volcom stuff. I can't justify the expense but damn its nice.

Pretty much every online shop has deals you just have to look. That's the fun part isn't it? :)

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Pretty much the same places I'd shop myself, like Evo/Evo Outlet, Snowboard Connection, REI/REI Outlet, Department of Goods, Dogfunk, The House aka ProBoardshop aka Tightboards, Zumiez, etc...

·
Super Moderator
5,985 Posts
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?????!!? A title like that, and you're coming up with ACTUAL SNOWBOARD CLOTHING SITES? NOT ONE sexy ligerie link? Not even ONE BDSM link?

Fuck. Pod people have replaced all the members.
:mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know gearslash had some women's outerwear the other night, just wait for it to come up again and vote for it so you can buy it. I think it was either Nikita or Holden, but I remember thinking that if I was a girl i'd buy it cuz it looked nice haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solstice supply has lots of Nikita stuff and other cool women's brands really REALLY nice! If I were living in the States I would buy all my snowboard clothes there. great prices as well!

·
Registered
34 Posts
As for pants i would suggest going into a place and seeing those with her in person. I recently bought my finace a whole new setup boots, board, clothes, etc. And as for pants since there is no joke so many brands, styles, and fits you might be better off getting those in person.

Jackets, always fo a size smaller because their actual size might be too big. My girl wears a small but in every jacket she tried small was huge so we ended up going with XS. Just a thought, good luck man.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Oakleyvault.com

All oakleys over production and last years not sold stuff. You can find some good deals. I got some 70$ hoodies for 18$, 10$ t-shirts, and a outer wear set (like 450$ mrsp) for $120.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts