Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a follow up post from this other post "Size 10 Boot - Large Bindings?" which is just a few threads below this one. I was on the Burton website and I saw they had medium cartel bindings for $200 so I bought those. I also still have my large ones which cost me $260 on evo. I have a size 10 boot and I am trying to figure out which binding I should use and which I should return. Im leaning towards the medium because it was $60 cheaper. Answers from my other post suggested I post pictures here after mounting it on the board. So I mounted up both bindings and took pictures. Take a look and tell me what you think. The straps on both ended up working well after being adjusted. Before, they looked like they were bottoming out on the large ones. The front foot was set at a 15 degree angle and the back was set at 6 degrees. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
M fit better as you have them set up. All heel hang and no toe hang on the L. About equal on the M. Most noticeable on the foot with the smaller angle.

Pretty sure you still have room to adjust with both the L and M with the channel and EST, but centered on the est bars as you likely have them, the M fit better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
M for sure. Believe me, I had same doubts, went for L then change it for M. If the straps are fine in M (not maxed out, but close to it is fine), and toe and heel overhang (almost) are same...go for M. Plenty of topics on this forum regarding this dilemma.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think the medium might have you positioned too far towards the toe edge, the relationship of the heel apex to the edge is super important. Use a ruler against the edge and the boot to estimate heel/toe angle imo.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
This is a follow up post from this other post "Size 10 Boot - Large Bindings?" which is just a few threads below this one. I was on the Burton website and I saw they had medium cartel bindings for $200 so I bought those. I also still have my large ones which cost me $260 on evo. I have a size 10 boot and I am trying to figure out which binding I should use and which I should return. Im leaning towards the medium because it was $60 cheaper. Answers from my other post suggested I post pictures here after mounting it on the board. So I mounted up both bindings and took pictures. Take a look and tell me what you think. The straps on both ended up working well after being adjusted. Before, they looked like they were bottoming out on the large ones. The front foot was set at a 15 degree angle and the back was set at 6 degrees. Thank you.
Mediums look way better to me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One thing also that should be noted: when I took large, they were to wide for my boots. There was some space on each side, at least 0.5 cm if not more. Thats what decided for me also when i switched to medium. And I never regret it.

P.s. boots where 10 us. I think Northwave or something. On Nitro bindings.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I am in between sizes, I usually go for the larger for a few reasons:
-The larger base plate and straps offer more leverage and power transfer.
-The wider foot bed allows my boots to roll side to side when I am leaning over the tips. When my boot sole is snug in the tray, it feels a little too restrictive.
-I prefer more heel overhang if I cannot get things perfectly centered.

I'm sure some people will argue against this reasoning, but its my preference.

Also consider what other boards you might be purchasing, and their widths. If you are looking at some volume shifted decks, I would probably stick with the Large.

A reason to stay with Medium is if there is a chance your boots are too big and you may size down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts