Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am looking at buying new bindings online, Ive got size 11 k2 darko boots.
The Union Binding chart says M/L=8-11 and L/XL=10.5-14 but the bindings (Union T100 2019) I want are only available in Medium.
Ive heard that its always better to go up a size if your boot size is in between both sizes.
Anyone have any advice? should i just buy the bindings and hope my boot fits comfortably?
Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
I prefer to size down. I don't like gaps in my bindings where my boots can slide around. As long as you don't have to kick your foot into it, you're golden.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,233 Posts
I prefer to size down. I don't like gaps in my bindings where my boots can slide around. As long as you don't have to kick your foot into it, you're golden.
Agree. I'm between sizes and size down for those reasons.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm going to throw in a different opinion, and I like to size up. Maybe it's the Flows, but I feel like larger bindings have bigger pads to hold your foot in place better. 11.5 in XL hybrid Flows has the ankle strap wrapping around my ankle very well. It doesn't move.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've just got flow hybrids size xl to go with my size us11 boots. Find my boot sits a little too far towards the heel. Do you have this with your flows? Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've just got flow hybrids size xl to go with my size us11 boots. Find my boot sits a little too far towards the heel. Do you have this with your flows? Sorry for the hijack.
You mean your boots aren't centered? The disks are offset, you can spin them 180 degrees and shift your foot forward or backwards. The disk depends on the model, though. The fives I have, I have the whole binding set forward a bit, using the holes on the bottom of the T part. The NX2s have an off center disk with a triangle pointing which side is smaller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts