Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any recommendations for anything they've ridden? Currently wearing some ThirtyTwo's in a size 14 that are about 5 years old. Im looking for something as stiff as possible, as im 6' 8" 250 lbs. Either Looking at K2 Maysis, or Burton something. I would prefer something I can get on a prodeal. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Hi altered,

The best spot to start is with barefoot measurements. Please measure your feet using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters). For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.

STOKED!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, im a size 15.
Hi altered,

The best spot to start is with barefoot measurements. Please measure your feet using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters). For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.

STOKED!
[l

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Yeah, im a size 15.
Hi Altered,

Do you mean that you are wearing size 15 in shoes, snowboard boots or both? What are your barefoot measurements (length and width)?

STOKED!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking for a size 15 in snowboard boots. I currently have a size 14 in snowboard boots, and they are too small.
Im a bigger guy, and am looking for a recommendation for a stiff boot.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Hi altered,

Without barefoot measurements it is really not possible to make a solid suggestion for you. It only takes a minute and it is the element that can most drastically enhance your riding.

STOKED!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Your saying that without your tool I cant find the correct size boot? Interesting.
Well i measure 32.8 cm long. Width is pretty normal, but I dont have an issue there. So if my Snowboarding boot says 14, and my toe hits the front if my boot and is uncomfortable and my toe cramps up because of it, I might need a smaller boot?
Edit: Walking feels tight like it should, but when im physically snowboarding my toe cramps up from being pushed against the boot. My right foot is a bit smaller than my left, and feels perfectly fine.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for that. No need for a tool. Your barefoot measurements (both feet please) will do it. Please post up images of them being taken as well. That will help us confirm for you. You will definitely want to measure your width as well for each foot.

STOKED!

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Hi Kijima,
Measurements (length and width for both feet) with images of those measurements being taken are really critical to getting this right. The OP may indeed have his correct Mondopoint size and his accurate width. In that case we would just be confirming (which we are always happy to do). It is very common, however, for riders to have missed some of the intricacies of sizing that are not immediately evident. This often leads to moving from one incorrect size to another. Riders with large feet are uniquely complicated because they are often limited by availability. This can lead to incorrect initial choices and secondary choices. We can often help avoid those (expensive) mistakes.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,208 Posts
So if my Snowboarding boot says 14, and my toe hits the front if my boot and is uncomfortable and my toe cramps up because of it, I might need a smaller boot?
Edit: Walking feels tight like it should, but when im physically snowboarding my toe cramps up from being pushed against the boot.
Sounds counter intuitive, but it is often the case that smaller is the right way. In a too large boot, the foot slips around and thus gets jammed into toe box while riding: Feels like too small, but actually is caused because too big.

Many buy too big boots as they actually are in too narrow models for their width and try to overcome too narrow with larger, instead of getting a wide model. (Which then again may cause slipping of foot. To compensate for too large and slipping, many then overtighten the boot and get all sorts of pressure points and numbness. All caused by too big boots. If you have high arches, an insoles which support them can hold the foot in place and reduce the slipping a bit.)

There are about 5 such threads every week. Having too big boots and wrong width model is the major cause of foot pain. Wired is insisting on the measurements, because he has helped hundreds of ppl here to solve their foot pain issues :). Before the measurements are checked, no size nor model of boot can be recommended.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Altered, wired is trying to help you by making sure you're going for the right size before he suggests suitable boots. He's very experienced and has helped loads of others so I think you should take his advice, not sure why you're so resistant. A lot of people get rubbish not fitting advice or none at all so trying to self diagnose won't get you to a good fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So literally according to every mondo point snowboard sizing guide out there a 32.8 cm foot is a size 15. I dont understand what is so hard to grasp by that. I am not going to buy a wide, as Ive never used a wide, my feet arent wide, and a wide wont fit me as its too WIDE. Im literally trying to find some good stiff recommendations for boots. I didnt asked to be sized, i asked for reccomendations.

I actually found what I was looking for on Reddit. They answered my question, and didnt treat me like a child.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
So literally according to every mondo point snowboard sizing guide out there a 32.8 cm foot is a size 15. I dont understand what is so hard to grasp by that. I am not going to buy a wide, as Ive never used a wide, my feet arent wide, and a wide wont fit me as its too WIDE. Im literally trying to find some good stiff recommendations for boots. I didnt asked to be sized, i asked for reccomendations.

I actually found what I was looking for on Reddit. They answered my question, and didnt treat me like a child.
Ha ha you're funny. Go read the boot fitting threads like a good boy.

·
Registered
117 Posts

No one was treating you like a child they were trying to give you in depth advice and wanted to start from the beginning.

Good for you, stick to reddit then.

Jeez

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts

Hi Altered,
Some of what you wrote above (toes hitting the end, one foot is fine, etc) are warning signs to me. You may be absolutely correct about your sizing in which case we would simply make some suggestions for you. If not, we might catch an error before it happens. Could I ask what size shoes you wear? PS: In no way is any of this adversarial on my end. I want you to be stoked with your new boots and to enjoy your riding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Altered,
Some of what you wrote above (toes hitting the end, one foot is fine, etc) are warning signs to me. You may be absolutely correct about your sizing in which case we would simply make some suggestions for you. If not, we might catch an error before it happens. Could I ask what size shoes you wear? PS: In no way is any of this adversarial on my end. I want you to be stoked with your new boots and to enjoy your riding.
Snowboard boots: 14
Shoes:14

1 - 20 of 21 Posts