Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going in to my 8th yeah boarding (on and off) and I've been riding a LTD fury 157 the whole time and it was old when I got it. the board is in nice shape still and I just tear up the mountain on that thing! (not to toot my own horn or anything) But anyway, I am about 6' tall and around 220lbs with size 12 feet. I want to buy a new board this season and just curious as to what size to lean towards as I have only bought 1 board before.
Should I stick to what I know and get the same general size and shape as I am used to it? or go for what is better for my size?
Also: no preference on brand
Thanks!

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Without getting more into it, for an all-mountain intermediate-advanced rider, you're likely going to have more for on something longer than 157. Low-mid 160s would be good. Any chance you can demo a few boards before buying?

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Hi Peety,

looking for a correct tip to tip length of a board (ie 160 cm) and hoping that this length will work for all board models is a really easy way to end up with the wrong board.

The length that will be right for you will depend entirely on the model that you are considering. A 160 in one model may be entirely appropriate for you while in another it would be a poor fit.

Were there any brands or models that has caught your attention? If so, we will all be happy to make some informed suggestions for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys, I am an all mountain rider.
And nothing is really catching my eye at all. What are some brands that make a good all mountain board? I could start there and maybe narrow my search a little bit.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Most brands make very fun all mountain boards. Most are produced in a small group of factories that produce a lot of what is available on the market. Please describe the riding that you do. That will help narrow it down a bit.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts