Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Im 15 yrs old and im 187cm tall and my weight is 70kg my shoe size is something above 12us. i dont know what board size will be best for me. I ride only park like jibbing but also some bigger kickers max 19meters. Will a 158Wcm board be to big for me (for jjibbing especialy) and a 155W to small?
I'd like the salomon villain in this sizes or salomon sabotage in 158W. Which size will be better for me? Maybe You have some other wide board to recommend?
Thanks in advice!
max

·
Registered
97 Posts
155w will be fine. im 195cm tall and weight 85kg and i only ride park and jib, and i have a 156 capita doa and i love it!

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Hi
Im 15 yrs old and im 187cm tall and my weight is 70kg my shoe size is something above 12us. i dont know what board size will be best for me. I ride only park like jibbing but also some bigger kickers max 19meters. Will a 158Wcm board be to big for me (for jjibbing especialy) and a 155W to small?
I'd like the salomon villain in this sizes or salomon sabotage in 158W. Which size will be better for me? Maybe You have some other wide board to recommend?
Thanks in advice!
max
Hi bro,

STOKED that you are loving riding!

Shoe size is not helpful in board sizing.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).

·
Registered
562 Posts
You'll be on a short and wide stick for the mean time, but believe me buddy - you'll start to fill out! Then your boards will get longer... and your selection will get limited. Then you'll be one of us...

I'm 191 cm tall and I was was around 70 kg when I stopped growing at around your age. Now I'm 28 and I'm around 100 kg ;) - things will change!

A Skate Banana is another board comes in a wide and will be a great board for parks/jibs if that's what you're after. I can't remember now short they come in wides so have a look and see!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts