Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 151 slush slasher for myself because I wanted more of a powder board (longer board) but still wanted to be able to jib a little bit. Is this going to be more trouble than good because of the size or is it not a problem? I’ve been second guessing it because I feel like my size 155 5,10 is not suppose to be on this board size. But if I’m not really trying to jib that much and just hits jumps carve cruise and a couple board slides here and there is this size ok for me? Was thinking about maybe selling it and going down to the 147 but idk how much difference it would really make. Lmk!! Thank you all.
151 slush on left and 149 pbj on right

·
Registered
229 Posts

Lol what happened to your other topic?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Are you riding trees all day or trying to rip big powder lines? Are you trying to lay trenches with your carves or are you more into skidded turns? How much are you trying to use this board in the park?

I'm 225# with a size 11 boot, and I ride a 151 Slush Slasher. If your feet are huge, you might be able to make it work, but short fats are designed to be ridden short. You're right at the lower end of the weight recommendation, so I'm sure you could make it work. On the other hand, you're also right at the upper end of the weight recommendation for the 139. In an ideal world, I'd size down and take advantage of the whole short fat thing. I can manhandle my slasher and throw it around easily in the trees.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I started a new one, you like that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.