Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as the title says, I am having trouble deciding which "banana" to buy. I ride on the East Coast and that means ice, hard groomers, slush and more ice. If I am not mistaken the Mervin magnetraction should handle the conditions but I can't decide which suits my riding style.

I am just starting to get into the park more after my nasty femur fracture, so it is safe to say a good amount of my time would be spent in the park trying to learn jibbing, but I still love my good old groomer carving. The problem is that I'm not that fast, I don't necessarily bomb it down the mountain but buttering and nollie 180's. If possible though I still want to be able to bomb if necessary.

I guess what I am saying is,
Is the Skate Banana, a park board that you can kinda all mountain?
Is the Attack Banana, a all mountain board or a freestyle all mountain board?
Will the Skate Banana, get all squirly and sketchy as I flatbase down blues?
Will the Attack Banana, require me to put in a lot of effort to butter and press?

·
Registered
257 Posts
So, as the title says, I am having trouble deciding which "banana" to buy. I ride on the East Coast and that means ice, hard groomers, slush and more ice. If I am not mistaken the Mervin magnetraction should handle the conditions but I can't decide which suits my riding style.

I am just starting to get into the park more after my nasty femur fracture, so it is safe to say a good amount of my time would be spent in the park trying to learn jibbing, but I still love my good old groomer carving. The problem is that I'm not that fast, I don't necessarily bomb it down the mountain but buttering and nollie 180's. If possible though I still want to be able to bomb if necessary.

I guess what I am saying is,
Is the Skate Banana, a park board that you can kinda all mountain?
Is the Attack Banana, a all mountain board or a freestyle all mountain board?
Will the Skate Banana, get all squirly and sketchy as I flatbase down blues?
Will the Attack Banana, require me to put in a lot of effort to butter and press?
You can use the skate banana all over the mountain, but I wouldn't expect to be able to bomb it. I used to have one and once I upgraded to the trice I never went back and sold the skate banana. The attack is more of an all mountain deck that can see the park as well although I never rode one. It's way more versatile but it's def stiffer than the skate banana. I'd say get the skate banana if you want to play or get the attack if you want to do it all but don't expect as much play as you'll work harder to press it.it sounds like your still progressing as a rider so if you want to grow into a deck then get the attack banana.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts