Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Goodmorning Sirs,

I'm an italian snowboarder,
My Foot is american 13 size, 91kg, 186cm! I'm regular but i go often in switch!
I'm coming from a 2012 custom x 158 wide!

I think it's a good board but sometimes too aggressive and never-forgiving.

Moreover legs are always under pressure and consequentely i feel tired!

I like jibbing, having fun with small kick and sometimes going in powder!

Due to these reasons, this year i'd like to try the opposite camber!!

I start looking at Skatebanana; someone says that is the best rocker camber on the market!!! Somooneelse say that, coming from a traditional camber, it would be better choose the attach banana because of its good performing in each situation; Un few days i have to purchase one of them! i appreciate your help on this decision and please suggest me also best reactive binding!!

Thank you

·
Registered
78 Posts
from these 2 i would say: Skate Banana
Jibbing ;Jumping smaller jumps; Pow ....ok ! (longer length for pow-priority / shorter for Jibs)

but its a long way from the CustomX to a Skate Banana ...

-what Binding and Boots do you use ?
-why have you narrowed down to only these 2...there is a World full of Boards in between !

·
Registered
78 Posts
Binding: for the Skate Banana : Burton Mission ; Union Contact Pro; Burton Genesis ( what i use )

for the Attack Banana: Burton Cartel; Burton Genesis; for example...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Skatebanana

from these 2 i would say: Skate Banana
Jibbing ;Jumping smaller jumps; Pow ....ok ! (longer length for pow-priority / shorter for Jibs)

but its a long way from the CustomX to a Skate Banana ...

-what Binding and Boots do you use ?
-why have you narrowed down to only these 2...there is a World full of Boards in between !
Because Burton lead me to hate traditional camber. I want to enjoy and not be always focused on my ride, knowing that an error won't be forgiven by my board! so i want to try the best on the opposite camber and on internet i understand that libtech is a top board!!!
Other option?

I wear nike as boot!

did u tried both table? please give a feedback on them

·
Registered
78 Posts
You will find plenty of Skate Banana reviews on the Internet...so i keep myself short: It's a very forgiving ride ! The BTX (full Rocker) makes it more difficult for you to catch an edge where you not want it. Also it is easy to turn. The Board is made for Jibbing; Presses and riding Switch. Most people say, its a Park Board...i think it is more than that ! You can use it Allmountain. Its also fun to ride in spring conditions (soft snow) !! Because of the rocker its ok in Powder , but not great.

I havent ridden an AttackBanana so far..
The A.B. is a Hybrid Rocker...a mix between Rocker and Camber. But its Eliptical Camber is very mellow..you will not feel it much.. The A.B. is stiffer than the S.B also.. don't know if you maybe like that more..

Advice: if you want to stick to LibTech look for the TRS + a Burton Cartel ...verry smart SetUp !!! great for doing everything !! but not specific for Jibs !!

...from what you write, i think you are not very experienced. Don't hate Camber!!
Cambered Boards are great and have their advantages !! The Custom X is a high end Board..for going big, riding fast and precise...for advanced Riders !
if it is yours, keep it, put a stiff binding on it and ride it when you want to bomb down the Mountain or when conditions are hard and icy !

·
Registered
545 Posts
both the AB and the SB are far far away from the custom x.. you do realise that just about every brand including burton has some sort of rocker variations? i really think there are better options out there to compliment your change from a custom x to a rockered board..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Goodmorning Sirs,

I'm an italian snowboarder,
My Foot is american 13 size, 91kg, 186cm! I'm regular but i go often in switch!
I'm coming from a 2012 custom x 158 wide!

I think it's a good board but sometimes too aggressive and never-forgiving.

Moreover legs are always under pressure and consequentely i feel tired!

I like jibbing, having fun with small kick and sometimes going in powder!

Due to these reasons, this year i'd like to try the opposite camber!!

I start looking at Skatebanana; someone says that is the best rocker camber on the market!!! Somooneelse say that, coming from a traditional camber, it would be better choose the attach banana because of its good performing in each situation; Un few days i have to purchase one of them! i appreciate your help on this decision and please suggest me also best reactive binding!!

Thank you
I also live in Italy and owned an Attack Banana 156 a couple of years ago. I found it to be a horrible board - rode it for a week and sold it for 200 euro. It has no pop, can't hold a carve and absolutely frightens the life out of you if you go anything above medium speed with the amount of chatter.
It is very easy to turn and it would be a decent beginner board, but since you are coming from a Custom X, this really isn't the board for you.
As it happens, after I sold the attack banana, I bought a Custom X and absolutely love it. My advice to you, for what it's worth, is to have a look at the flight attendant maybe, it's a bit less harsh than the X and can hit jumps and ride powder, like you said you wanted.
Edit: sorry, forgot that you need a wide board with that boot size...don't think the flight attendant comes in wide. In Italy it's a pain since it's very difficult to find testing days to try lots of boards before buying. One board I loved back in 2009 was the Amplid Fenom, rocker, very forgiving but still stiff enough to bomb the mountain. Ruined it on rubbish snow / rocks in the Appennini over a 4 yr period unfortunately :) Maybe check out the Stereo or Paradigma, the owner of Amplid is peter bauer, ex R&D guy at burton, they make really good boards. Or the new B 10/30 that I've been drooling over the past few weeks....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts