Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Skijoaring....anybody do this?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ShredLife 
#1 · (Edited)
#7 ·
People do it around here with dogs and skate skis. I wouldn't try it with my dog, though. He'd knock me over and drag me through the alders the first time he saw a ptarmigan. Never seen the horse/snowboard version before.

#8 ·
Would rather do this with dogs. They don't randomly poop.

My dog is way too small for skijoring, but I plan on training my next dog for this. I want an Alaskan malamute type dog (a mutt). I use to let my mom's dog pull me on my skateboard. If your dog is a nordic breed like a husky or a malamute this is a great outlet for their energy and instincts. These breeds are working dogs and are much easier to manage if they have a "job" like this.

#11 ·
my buddy has a husky and a malamute that he has pull him on his board - they will definitely shit right there in the middle of the trail while they're running... i know i rode my snowmobile thru it :blink:

my dog likes to run along with them but last time he turned back to the rider and ended up with a big gash on his leg from the snowboard. we have to start putting a harness on him too, get him in between the malamute and the husky all in a line so hopefully he'll run without looking back.

they love that shit tho.

#9 ·
Haha, my husband frequently demands to try this with my TB. He's fast (the TB ;) ) but also very spooky. Dont know if he would ever stop to run with something "hunting" after him. Quite sure, it would end up in an disaster :blink: :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.