Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good luck. I think the Aura Pro's are a little too soft for my liking.

Free shipping and return shipping at Evo.

I went out today and tried a few boots on, including the following: Several Burton's and I confirmed they are terrible for my foot shape. The K2 Maysis was comfortable, but I had too much lift. The Ride Lasso's would probably work again if I could get over the issues I had with the BOA's on my last pair.

That's all I good find locally. I will most likely order the Vans Infuse, Vans Verse, 32 TM-Two, 32 TM-Three, Ride Fuse, and Salomon Synapse and see where that leaves me.

Good luck.
I don't think evo offers free return shipping, I'm pretty sure it's $7 per return, which isn't terrible if it dont order a bunch of diff pairs

I hated the 32 boots when I tried them on, curious as to how the vans verse fit

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I don't think evo offers free return shipping, I'm pretty sure it's $7 per return, which isn't terrible if it dont order a bunch of diff pairs

I hated the 32 boots when I tried them on, curious as to how the vans verse fit
You’re right, my mistake. $7 is still worth the convenience IMO.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have skinny ankles and narrow heels. I have thirty two TM 2's and with the O rings I have minimal heel lift.
Thanks for the tip. I ordered the TM-Two's in traditional and BOA lacing, and the Vans Infuse to try. I will keep you guys updated since I know I am not the only person going through this.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've tried several K2 boots which I wanted to work for me, especially the TT. Unfortunately I found the heel to be a tad too spacious and the toebox was a weird shape for my foot.

32 were way too wide in the heel.

My baseline is any Nike and now Salomons.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Update:

I got a shipment from Evo today with the Vans Infuse and 32 TM-Two's in boa and traditional lace.

The Vans Infuse is a high-quality, well-made boot. Definitely better built than the TM-Two's. The heel area is pretty wide and I got some lift. The length also feels a little shorter than the 32's and other brands I have tried in the same size.

The 32 TM-Two's in boa felt awful. Weird pressure points and a little loose in the heel.

The traditional TM-Two's felt much better with even pressure over my foot. The heel hold was better than the boa version, but still not great. I attribute this to being able to lock in the ankle area with the traditional lacing vs the boa which is just the same shitty pressure all around. I think these would work a lot better if there was a boa just for the ankle area similar to the one on the Infuse or Ride Fuse.

I am definitely going to order the Ride Fuse and Salomon Synapse next. Mayne the Salomon Lo Fi too. The Fuse and Synapse were recommended several times, but I haven't seen much on the Lo Fi's. Has anyone tried them?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Update:

I got a shipment from Evo today with the Vans Infuse and 32 TM-Two's in boa and traditional lace.

The Vans Infuse is a high-quality, well-made boot. Definitely better built than the TM-Two's. The heel area is pretty wide and I got some lift. The length also feels a little shorter than the 32's and other brands I have tried in the same size.

The 32 TM-Two's in boa felt awful. Weird pressure points and a little loose in the heel.

The traditional TM-Two's felt much better with even pressure over my foot. The heel hold was better than the boa version, but still not great. I attribute this to being able to lock in the ankle area with the traditional lacing vs the boa which is just the same shitty pressure all around. I think these would work a lot better if there was a boa just for the ankle area similar to the one on the Infuse or Ride Fuse.

I am definitely going to order the Ride Fuse and Salomon Synapse next. Mayne the Salomon Lo Fi too. The Fuse and Synapse were recommended several times, but I haven't seen much on the Lo Fi's. Has anyone tried them?
How's the toe box on the infuse?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It wasn’t tight enough for me to notice or think about it. What are you looking for? I can try them on again and let you know.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Update:

Why don't you just go to a shop and try boots on in person?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi in the same boat. Have no clafs and tried have the Burton SLX but they felt great at first but now have heal lift. I’ve had foam added to the tongue of boot and few other minor things by a pro boot fitter but he said get some Solomon’s. He didn’t sell any boots at all was only a boot fitter

My SLX are now very stiff

It’s harder for me to try a bunch of boots on as not as much choice. Coming to Canada over Dec/Jan for 3 weeks. But don’t want to buy boots and wear them in on my trip. Would rather get some In Sydney and wear them around the house He’ll id even run laps of Bondi beach in them if it helps break them in!!

The Salomon Synapse isn’t listed on their website anymore.

Any thoughts on best boots? Im ain’t doing any jumps just cruising the mountain and hunting pow in backcountry (don’t sue me Backcountry . Com. ).

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It wasn’t tight enough for me to notice or think about it. What are you looking for? I can try them on again and let you know.
I've got wide toes and skinny heels. Aura toe box is too tight, but I've heard infuse is wider.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ride Fuse, Ride Fuse, Ride Fuse. They are shaped like an actual human foot which is rare for a snowboard boot. Even on the outside its obvious that they are narrower at the back. The toe box is also shaped like the front of a foot. Like its longer where your big toe is rather than just rounded.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hi in the same boat. Have no clafs and tried have the Burton SLX but they felt great at first but now have heal lift. I’ve had foam added to the tongue of boot and few other minor things by a pro boot fitter but he said get some Solomon’s. He didn’t sell any boots at all was only a boot fitter

My SLX are now very stiff

It’s harder for me to try a bunch of boots on as not as much choice. Coming to Canada over Dec/Jan for 3 weeks. But don’t want to buy boots and wear them in on my trip. Would rather get some In Sydney and wear them around the house He’ll id even run laps of Bondi beach in them if it helps break them in!!

The Salomon Synapse isn’t listed on their website anymore.

Any thoughts on best boots? Im ain’t doing any jumps just cruising the mountain and hunting pow in backcountry (don’t sue me Backcountry . Com. ).
I just ordered the Ride Fuse, Salomon Synapse, and Salomon Lo Fi. I heard Salomon works well for narrow feet and ankles and my last pair of Ride’s fit well so I’m confident one of them will work. I will update here when I get them in.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts