Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Order #2 is in.

Salomon Lo Fi - Great build quality and I really like the traditional lace combo the ankle BOA. The length is good everywhere except around the big toe. I got too much pressure there. Heel hold was decent, but not great. I got a few pressure points around the instep and top of my foot.

Salomon Synapse - Decent build quality, they sort of feel cheap. I don't like the two zone BOA system, too many pressure points around the cables. Same issue with the length and pressure on the big toe as the Lo Fi. Heel hold was decent, but not great.

Ride Fuse - Decent build quality, but they feel cheaper like the Synapse. The traditional lace ankle BOA combo is great. The length feels a little longer than the other 7 or more boots I have tried. I might consider sizing down 1/2 size smaller than my mondo point. The toe box feels wider, which I like. I really like the burrito style liner and this boot is all around super comfortable. No pressure points at all. Solid heel hold, but I would probably add j bars just to get it a little better. The Fuse is currently in the lead.

·
Registered
171 Posts
man im having all the same issues as you, boots ive tried...
Burton almighty - too wide
dc judge - too wide
k2 maysis - felt good but the boot fell apart and the condo crushed my foot a bit too much
salomon synapse - nice and snug but made my foot numb
ride lasso - junk
ride deadbolt - nice burrito linger, still too wide
vans infuse - best fitting most comfortable highest quality boot out of them all, got heel lift tho
vans aura pro- very close second to comfort to the vans infuse, but little to no heel lift on these, if these were stiffer I would just settle on these, but as of now they are in the lead

would like to try the vans implant pro (hearing they may be a notch stiffer than the aura pro) the k2 ender, and the ride fuse. but after trying the deadbolt im not so quick to jump on the fuse as they look very similar minus the laces

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The Vans Infuse has a
man im having all the same issues as you, boots ive tried...
Burton almighty - too wide
dc judge - too wide
k2 maysis - felt good but the boot fell apart and the condo crushed my foot a bit too much
salomon synapse - nice and snug but made my foot numb
ride lasso - junk
ride deadbolt - nice burrito linger, still too wide
vans infuse - best fitting most comfortable highest quality boot out of them all, got heel lift tho
vans aura pro- very close second to comfort to the vans infuse, but little to no heel lift on these, if these were stiffer I would just settle on these, but as of now they are in the lead

would like to try the vans implant pro (hearing they may be a notch stiffer than the aura pro) the k2 ender, and the ride fuse. but after trying the deadbolt im not so quick to jump on the fuse as they look very similar minus the laces
I hear ya, man. It’s frustrating. The fuse is pretty solid and I think you should give them a try. I wish the Vans Infuse fit me like the Fuse does, because the Vans are a badass boot (build quality, adjustable stiffness, power strap). Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.

On the weekend managed to try on Salomon boots -Lanuch lace Boa and Synapse boa size 10.5. As they didn’t have either the 11 or the 10’s in stock. Did measure on the Salomon foot measure and had me as an 11 but the 10.5 felt like once packed out perhaps a better fit. At first my toes were jammed. So much so the guy fitting was like I think your toes and pushing out of the boot! But once I put my custom insoles in. They seemed to feel ok. Eg when bending knees they weren’t touching the end anymore

I have skinny ankles no calf’s and high instep I went to 3 shops and walked out of one when the guy tried to get me to try a wide version of Salomon boots as they were on a discount I mean have you seen my feet! If I could handle a wider boot I would just stick with my SLX

I’m not concerned with the price of the boot $100-200more for boots that I will have for at least 5 years. Assuming I get 20 days on snow a year

My thoughts on the boots

Launch lace. Ok fit esp the heel hold which was great with the Boa. But overall didn’t feel 100%. Perhaps too wide in rest of boot. Not really sure to be honest

Synapse Boa. I haven’t had Boa before. I know heaps of people do but something felt wrong. Heel hold not as good as the Launch as it didn’t have the str8jkt as the Launch Perhaps too stiff a boot for me but not sure as can’t really tell till I ride in it

a few sales went on tonight so just ordered the Lo Fi. Salomon in 10.5. They only had 1 in this size in stock. Hoping it will work. It has the str8jkt which I think is very important for me. Not so sure on the laces as really liked the Speed laces on the Burton SLXs but most importantly is getting a boot that fits correctly. I can’t really wait to I get to Canada as will be riding almost the same day as landing
Will try the lo fi but only will be testing walking around home. Perhaps the hifi may have been an option but wanted the heel hold with the lo fi. Anyone got any thoughts on hifi vrs lofi? Dialogue vrs Synapse?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts