Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update: After 4 orders, 11 pairs of boots, hours wearing them, and 4 return orders - I finally found one that works for me.

I ended up with the 32 TM-Two XLT.

I ordered them in my mondopoint size like Wired suggested and they were not a good fit to start. Too short with crunched toes. I looked at my current socks (SmartWool) and realized they were pretty thick. I decided to switch things up and went with thin compression-type socks made by Stance (Double Diamond - Mens Ski Ultralight Merino Wool Socks | Stance) and they instantly improved the fit for me. I then added Superfeet "blue" insoles and heel wedges (see Angry's boot fit video) and everything came together. After a proper heat mold today, I am absolutely confident I am properly dialed it.

Make sure you take a hard look at the total package (boot, insole, socks, etc.) before deciding what you go with. It helped me a ton.

Good luck!
Sounds similar to my experience buying the XLT's, toes touching the end more than they should be, but great fit apart from this. However, when I swapped the crappy stock insoles for my custom insoles it pulled my toes back slightly as my arches were now supported by the insole. Problem solved! I'll finally get to try these boots next week in the Italian Alps so I'll post some feedback for all my skinny ankled, narrow footed brethren out there. :)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I'm honestly debating picking up a pair of these in a half size down from my regular TM2 to see if I can break them in for a much more aggressive fit.

Wish I could find a pair locally to just like try firs on first. I guess I can try to hunt down a pair of regular TM2s in a half size down.

I think with the addition of an insole for additional arch support, I might be able to get them to work as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Holly hell. Been using the Lo-Fi in Japan. My feet are killing me the top of my foot I have a large lump. I can handle them just to ride in pow but on the grommers I would rather sit in the cafe. Been to boot fitters twice but still painful.

I gotta get another boot unless I can solve this. Need something good for high arches. Skinny feet and no calves.. View attachment 153000

WARNING LOOK AWAY IF UGLY FEET MAKE YOU SPEW.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
You need to heat mold those boots with some foam glued on the top of that bump. Might even have to slit the liner there.

If you wear the liner by itself, how much does it jut out?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Mate

Thanks for that. Should have mentioned that I have had them heat molded and been to boot solutions for fitting twice while in Japan. Last day on snow was yesterday. Luckily was riding Pow so with pain killers could handle it but would have been killer on groomers!! Won't be on the board again until August.

Good idea of cutting the liner it's only option left. Otherwise on the look out for best snowboarding boots for skinny feet, high arches and next to no calves!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great reading guys also had my issues with skinny heals .. higher arch .... but normal to wide front foot 10.5cm with pronoun big toe..over the last 20yrs+ of boarding had many issues over the years...

Just sold my last pair of boots > Ride lasso > great for heal hold .. but foot crushers that you have to undo every run to let some of the foot pain ... have broke both boots boa's not ideal .. now what to get back to lace but need the heal hold..

got my eye on

-Ride Fuse lace with Boa heal hold
or
-Salomon 2020 Malamute Boots

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Salomon Hi Fi for high instep, not Lo Fi. Adidas are skinny in the ankles though. Arches you might be able to solve with insoles, but some boots still fit better than others.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts