Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so here is my concern i am on the border of the board i just bought in boot sizing. the board is 26mm waist width and i am size 12 in a burton boot. In case i get a heel or toe drag i will be looking for a low profile boot. My burton boots are at least 3 seasons old. What is the lowest profile boot out there, basically looking for size 12 that has the outside dimensions as 11 or even smaller if thats even possible. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Rode a 26.2 waist with size 14s without footprint reduction without any major issues, FWIW.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have a non-wide board with a 25.7 waist width and I rode it just fine with sz 13 Burton's. Not sure how most brands stack up, but any newer Burton boots have great footprint reduction tech.

You should be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Absolutely no need for a smaller footprint boot with that waist width.

Wouldn't Burton's with their footprint shrinkage tech already be a good option?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Nike Kaiju is the smallest profile boot I know of. Great boot too. It's smaller than Ion and Imperial by Burton which I also own, and those two are the most minimal profile boots in the Burton line.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nike Kaiju is the smallest profile boot I know of. Great boot too. It's smaller than Ion and Imperial by Burton which I also own, and those two are the most minimal profile boots in the Burton line.
Can someboys second that? Didnt know the Kaiju would be that small.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Yeah no. The Ion and Imperial are not the smallest footprint. Thats more likely the Rampant or Ambush.

The Kaiju might be average at best. And regardless, do you want a snowboard shoe, or a snowboard boot? Cause Nike makes snowboard shoes.

·
Registered
854 Posts
The Nike Kaiju is a great snowboard boot. Nothing like a shoe. That's a funny comment but totally misinformed. Go to a store and check it out or do the old order & return routine with Dogfunk.

The Burton Ion and Imperial are the lowest profile boots from Burton that aren't mush. The Ambush isn't a boot I would ride just because it's wayyyy too soft, definitely more like a shoe:) Just talk to Rider Services. Milosport is a good store too, all of the guys there ride. They will point you straight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts