Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am someone who is blessed with a massive head. I was looking at the Smith Vantage cause it has nice low profile. However, I don't care for the brim (even though it is a small one). On the Smith Optic webpage they mention "Low-Profile Regulator Adjustable Climate Control" as a feature for the Transport.

Any of you guys have info on how the 2 compare with each other as far as profile is concerned? Any other comparison info would be appreciated too.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the profile of the Transport. It's comfortable, the fit is good and I like the Boa adjustment but you can see that it's kind of domey on my head.

I bought a men's helmet so that's possibly a factor but I wouldn't exactly call it low profile. Maybe if someone has a pic of the Vantage you can compare how they sit.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Whatever Smith helmet you choose, be sure to try it on. I've found their sizing to be inconsistent between different models. I have a large head and the fit of the Holt and Variant work best for me.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Vantage, but you could go brimless Variant as well... both are pretty low profile. I usually wear a large in helmets, but dropped to a medium in the Vantage when I actually tried it on.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have a transport and while it is a decent helmet and reasonably light etc. I would have to say I don't think it's low profile at all.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the profile of the Transport. It's comfortable, the fit is good and I like the Boa adjustment but you can see that it's kind of domey on my head.

I bought a men's helmet so that's possibly a factor but I wouldn't exactly call it low profile. Maybe if someone has a pic of the Vantage you can compare how they sit.
A men's helmet with what appears to be a pink stripe...nice.

Almost matches your pants :giggle:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts