Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide between these two boards. I am looking for a fun catch free ride for the park but also cruising around the mountain hitting natural features and tree jibs. I like damp boards that butter well. I ride at Brighton Utah. I am used to riding a Skate Banana and love the catch free easy going ride but don't like the chatter at high speed and lack of pop. Thanks in advance for your input and advice!

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
Bot of these boards are very similar. Capita UF will be closer to the banana in flex, the hooligan is stiffer than it's billed to be. I have 2 hooligans(2013&2014) with a 2015 on the way and one 2015 ultrafear.... They are both similar base profiles but the UF rises from the bindings to the tip more. The hooligan is flatter, more catchy...... Overall I think the UF is probably the right pick for you.

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
thanks Argo. What about the Superpark, is the reverse camber more pronounced and catch free?
You mean the clash rocker one?

Super park is also a stiffer than expected board, hooligan is softer. It is fairly catch free, more so than the flat profiled boards. It is not as "poppy" though as the flat boards. We had a couple super park boards last season too.

Overall smokin boards are stiffer than you would expect from the scales given.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts