Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a park board for jumps, playing around, but needs to be stuff enough to ride all mountain for messing around.

Had a Capita Ultrafear, but got way to soft in the tips. Also wanted a poppier board.

Like the profile on all three of these. Superpark added a more camber oriented model, ride has that slight camber through binders and rocker out at the tips, and K2 is screwing around with a small kink to add pop after the bindings.

For anyone who has ridden all three, I need a good jump board that is still fun to press and screw around with.

Rode a NS Evo and it fits the bill, but already have a couple boards with center reverse, and want a different feel.

·
Registered
751 Posts
The superpark is on the stiffer side. Consider the team which is a hair softer since the all mountain riding you want to do is 'messing around'. The new Bon aire has dirt rocker which is quite fun too

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Rides are consistently beefier than they need to be.

If you're looking for something with a similar rider profile to the Evo but with a different camber layup I'd point ya towards the K2 Fastplant, Salomon Time Machine, Flow Shifty, Bataleon Whatever, or Yes Jackpot.

I would like to say Subculture, but I don't know anyone that's ridden it yet.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
The smokin team series is a good fit for you for sure. I got an awesymetrical this year and can't wait to give it a ride in powder. It was great on groomed

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tip and tail of the Ultrafear turned to mush.

I'll look at the team for Smokin.

The profile on the Subculture seems great in theory, but I want to know if it works.

Pretty confused and might need a demo day. Nivek, trying to stay away from a completely flat profile...they feel boring to me

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
The tip and tail of the Ultrafear turned to mush.

I'll look at the team for Smokin.

The profile on the Subculture seems great in theory, but I want to know if it works.

Pretty confused and might need a demo day. Nivek, trying to stay away from a completely flat profile...they feel boring to me
Well the Fastplant was the only one that was flat.

The profile works. It's what's on the Villain and Happy Hour.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts