Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! Looking to book a trip to Jackson Hole from NYC.

The ideal flight for me would be a mainline United flight to Denver then a United Express / Skywest Canadair CRJ-700 to Jackson.

Wondering, because they say that the checked snowboard bag must fit this restriction for their regional jets, which is obviously doesn't:

Overall linear dimensions (length x width x height) must not exceed 120 in. (304 cm) for most flights. However, on United Express Canadair regional jet flights the linear dimensions cannot exceed 33 in. x 43 in. (83 cm x 109 cm) and overall linear dimensions must not exceed 98 in. (248 cm).
Has anybody flown on a United Express CRJ flight and had any problems with their snowboard bag?

Mine is a 166.

Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi! Looking to book a trip to Jackson Hole from NYC.

The ideal flight for me would be a mainline United flight to Denver then a United Express / Skywest Canadair CRJ-700 to Jackson.

Wondering, because they say that the checked snowboard bag must fit this restriction for their regional jets, which is obviously doesn't:

Has anybody flown on a United Express CRJ flight and had any problems with their snowboard bag?

Mine is a 166.

Thanks!
Don't know if this help

The policies and fees listed here apply to United- and United Express-operated itineraries only. For Continental’s baggage policies, visit continental.com.

United Airlines - Special items

Snowboarding equipment

Allowance/requirements
1 snowboard bag, plus
1 boot bag containing boots and bindings only, are allowed in place of one checked bag.

If more than one set of snowboarding equipment is checked, each additional set of equipment (as outlined above) will be counted as one special item, and the associated fee(s) will apply.

Maximum weight/size
If combined weight of snowboard bag and boot bag exceeds 50 pounds (23 kg) an overweight fee applies.

Other information
Boot bag must be separate from the snowboard bag.

Snowboard acceptable length range = 53-72 inches (135-183 cm).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I fly out to jac thru newark all the time on continental witch codeshares with united.. you will not have any problems with your bag ( i put my park and powder boards in the same bag); except as is said before it will count against your checked bag limit and wieght limits if your not a elite card holder i believe. i no for gold elite you can check 3 bags up to 75 lbs each for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts