Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i am super super new to snowboarding and struggling with my prescription glasses fogging. Are there any tips and tricks for those who are in the same situation. I have really good gear (my partner set me up), goggles fit really well and very comfortable but sometimes the fog gets in there and makes me very frustrated, especially while being a beginner and everything is already hard enough!

Would love any advice, Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,

welcome to the forum. Have you tried to apply any anti-fog product on your prescription glasses?

If they don't work for you, you could apply a small drop of any dish soap on your lenses (both sides) and wipe with a soft cloth until it disappears. Keep it like that, do not wash afterwards. I haven't tried it for snowboarding but works nice for swimming goggles.

Btw. I use Smith Knowledge OTG and never had an issue with my prescription glasses fogging. But I cut off the foam as on the attached image, because it interferes with my glasses frame. It might help to prevent fogging by increasing ventilation inside the goggles.

smith-knowledge.jpg

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Get your venting sorted, make sure there is good air flow between your mask/balaclava, helmet and goggles. Also as a beginner you are riding less...poor air flow, working more/sweating more. Another thing, once you have your goggles on...don't take them off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts