Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Is it normal after just one season my obermeyer snowsuit and north face pants have faded at the butt area and seemed like it has lost some waterproofing. I did slide down on my butt a few times. Is there a way to revive the color and waterproofing? Any tips on care will be appreciated! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do. And also I take breaks mid-trail and take photos. Any way I can salvage and revive the color?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yes I do. And also I take breaks mid-trail and take photos. Any way I can salvage and revive the color?
No clue about the color, but learn to strap in standing up, it will be a life changer.

You can use some wash in DWR if the waterproofing is starting to lack, but I've never had color fade, so unfortunately can't help with that one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Not likely. But to be honest, nobody really cares if your butt is faded. I doubt it's from the chilling on the slope. I'd imagine its from the times you're on your butt unintentionally.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
But to be honest, nobody really cares if your butt is faded.
Don't listen to them. I care. I'm sure your butt looks great.

You're won't be able to do anything about the color but the wash-in nikwax treatments have worked really well for me on older pants. But I think the fading is normal especially if you're sitting on wet or icy chairlifts regularly too.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Pretty standard after time I find, regardless of if you stand up all day. Just constant lifts I suspect will do it eventually but lets face it, pants do get a hard time.

Reactions: Craig64

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi! Is it normal after just one season my obermeyer snowsuit and north face pants have faded at the butt area and seemed like it has lost some waterproofing. I did slide down on my butt a few times. Is there a way to revive the color and waterproofing? Any tips on care will be appreciated! Thanks guys!
Buy some cheap ugly shorts and wear them over the top of the pants and no will care about your faded butt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts