Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I've got 3ish days in Utah March 20th-22nd. I figure I'll get in at 8:30 am on Friday and try to be on a mountain by the 12 noon, ride all day on Saturday, ride as much as I can Sunday and catch an evening flight back east Sunday night.

I was thinking either Snowbird or Park City. Are these wise choices? Which is better? Should I look at something else? Should I bring a fold out chair for the epic lift lines? Any tips on cheap lodging/transportation would be welcome too.
Thanks!
...Fuck Alta

·
Registered
354 Posts
Park city is closer to the airport, the bird gets more snow. If u want pow, go bird. Snowbird is probably cheaper also

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you're staying near Snowbird you'll have the added benefit of also being close to Brighton and Solitude if you want to try those resorts as well. If you stay at a hotel on the Snowbird property you can avoid any situation where the roads going up there get closed. I personally live in Park City so feel free to ask any other questions you have.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I went to Park City for the first time last year....I can't compare to Bird but I had the best time at Park City. It helped that they got 8" of fresh snow just about every night I was there. On Friday, I think I had the 3rd chair up and was able to hit fresh tracks all the way down for at least 2 runs...then I found fresh stuff in and out of the trees all day. The bowls were amazing...some I chickened out on but the ones I hit was the best boarding I've every experienced. I was able to find a bunch of runs that weren't marked trails. Honestly they were the most fun I had at the resort. I mainly board east coast...so it was glorious!

Jon

·
Registered
29 Posts
Snowbird for more advanced, steep terrain, and typically more powder.. though due in part to the type of people who ride it the powder gets tracked out very quickly.
There is not much apres to speak of at Snowbird, or any of the cottonwood mountains. Unless you're a bed at 10, up at 6 type, you're better staying in SLC and driving.

PC for massive acreage and loads of blue runs (though there is some challenging terrain), if you want to walk to lifts, and stay in a 'ski town'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts