Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Troll
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Oakley has this backpack that says it can carry your snowboard/skis.

I never tried this, but does having a backpack to carry your snowboard more convenient than carrying by hand if say you parked in the back or just walking around the resort? Can a backpack really hold an entire snowboard with just straps & would it work out? Also if you had to go through parked cars or tight spaces, could you really carry a snowboard on your back without it swinging around or tripping you? If you carry by hand, at least you can pivot & rotate however you desire. Yeah, I guess your hands are free, but now you're carrying an awkward shaped item on your back.

I would be spending most of my day snowboarding than carrying a snowboard on my backpack. So is it worth the extra prep to attach a snowboard to a backpack if you're just walking to the lift? Is there a real purpose for a snowboard carrying backpack?

·
Super Troll
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dakine Helipack. 80 bucks. Yes. Much better than carrying your board if your going to backcountry/slackcountry
Ohh yeah I guess I forgot about that type of snowboarding. But I only go to the resort with chairlifts.

Can you navigate through tight spots (parking lots, inside lodge, bus, etc) with a board on your back? Because in back country, I don't think hitting someone or something is much of a concern.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Ohh yeah I guess I forgot about that type of snowboarding. But I only go to the resort with chairlifts.

Can you navigate through tight spots (parking lots, inside lodge, bus, etc) with a board on your back? Because in back country, I don't think hitting someone or something is much of a concern.
Some packs have both vertical and horizontal carry. Vertical obviously better dodging cars in parking lot.

·
Super Troll
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where do you ride? Some places just wouldn't be worth it...
Mostly Mt High since I got a pass there. It's closer & cheaper to snowboard more often.

But I could see myself be going to Big Bear, Mammoth, or Tahoe if I wanna do a snowboard trip.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,437 Posts
Can you navigate through tight spots (parking lots, inside lodge, bus, etc) with a board on your back?
Wouldn't use it for spots you mention. You're pretty bulky with the board mounted, guess you couldn't even enter a bus

·
Super Moderator
6,330 Posts
As mentioned, you'd use it for hiking up a run. I have a backpack with snowboard carry capability. The only time I use it for that is before Seymour opens and after it closes. Carrying a board under one arm for a 40-minute uphill hike is less than fun.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
take any crappy old daypack, cut a slit in the bottom, slide the tail thru and zip it all with the back binding inside...practically free and has works for skinflint boarders since day 1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts