Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I’m searching for an excellent beginner board which is very forgiving and easy to turn. I also appreciate a good gripping edge hold. I fell in love with the capita space metal fantasy. I could imagine the combination of flat and rocker could be well suited for a beginner. Do you think that would be appropriate? Is a flex of 4 too hard for a beginner?
I've been on the slopes a couple of times, the turns are working, but when it gets steeper, I often lack the courage to do the right turns. Therefore, a board which forgives me mistakes and takes away the fear would be ideal.
For the bindings, I'm just staggering between the Union Milan and the Trilogy. I'm unsure if I should take a harder or softer flex. I always bang my bindings as tight as possible, otherwise I feel insecure, so I'm leaning towards the trilogy. But a softer would be more forgiving. What do you all mean?

Previous Boards:
Men's camber with rocker at the ends and flex of 4 -> did not turn well, frustrating
A pure flat (women's board) with Flex 3 -> I liked it a lot

I'm looking forward to your answers. :smile:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Is freestyle the direction you want to take your riding? flat/rocker will definitely be progression friendly but if ripping groomers and taking more steeps is what youre looking for, you may find the board lacking once you get more comfortable riding. You could also look in to something with CrC which is what i did wh .en i returned to the sport. NS and Gnu your prominent brands on that front. Of note: once i got back in the swing of things, I sold my type 2 (crc) for something with camber between the feet.

If you only ride a few days a year, maybe dont worry about anything that I said and get what youre comfortable with/looks neat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts