Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

2061 - 2080 of 2132 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,061
HI NT,
You are correct that 28.3 cm is Mondopoint 285 or size 10.5 US in snowboard boots. 28.3 cm is a really easy fit and you have most of the boards on the market to choose from. It is important that you choose board width based on barefoot size (at your stance width and stance angle). When you stand on a board in your stance you are ideally looking for 1-5 mm of edge overhang at both your toes and heels. Your weight is the other factor that will determine board size. Board specifics are probably a better idea for another thread as this one can get a little hard for me to follow with boot Q's :) .

STOKED!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new here and looking for new boots.

Feet measurements:
Left 280mm / 100mm
Right 281mm / 101mm

I'd like to get Nitro boots, maybe teams. Would those fit or should I look something else?

Thanks for your help! @Wiredsport

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,063
I'm new here and looking for new boots.

Feet measurements:
Left 280mm / 100mm
Right 281mm / 101mm

I'd like to get Nitro boots, maybe teams. Would those fit or should I look something else?

Thanks for your help! @Wiredsport
Please post up images of your barefoot measurements being taken. STOKED!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would like you to do this again with the ruler at or under the longest toe and widest part of your foot. You are looking a bit over 28.5 cm on your larger foot.

STOKED!
  1. Hi, I didn't find a ruler but some sort woolsock knitting measurement thing. But here are the pics. One of the pics is little blurry but it is little over 10cm. If not usable pics, I have to buy a ruler 😅

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,067
  1. Hi, I didn't find a ruler but some sort woolsock knitting measurement thing. But here are the pics. One of the pics is little blurry but it is little over 10cm. If not usable pics, I have to buy a ruler 😅
These are great. You are Mondopoint 28.5 or size 10.5 US in snowboard boots. You are a "normal" D width.

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,070

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi @Wiredsport,

A quick check on sizing would be very appreciated. I recently sized down from a 12 Vans Implant Pro to a 10.5 K2 Maysis. I have a 10.0 Maysis and 10.0 Vans Aura Pro ready for pick up, wanted to get an opinion before I commit. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Crap crap crap!
Rookie alert!
I bought the wrong size, very much the wrong size!

I tried on 2 pairs of Burton Photon Double Boa Step-Ons. US 12 and US13.
US12 felt like they were gonna cripple me, so I kept the 13 and returned the 13. Mistake, big mistake.

I was having pain all around calves and ball of foot.
Narrowed my stance a little, and setup bindings more parallel than duck, a little better but still aching like crazy.
Focusing on standing central to bindings, knees bent and knees over toes, not buckling inwards (fairly regular gym user so trying to keep good form)

Tightened it all up more, worse pain.
Loosened it all off, 2 pairs socks, less pain on calves, but still on balls (of feet!!!!)
1 pair socks, and felt OK on balls.

Now, I'm noticing the heel is lifting, a lot - maybe 1cm+

So, I found this site, the snowboardsizer site and the Mondo info. Measured and also took photo of my foot in the boot inner sole. So disappointed to have confirmed I made a huge mistake!
:(

L&R are the same at 280x100mm, so why oh why am i in US13. Stupid steve, Stupid!

Now to see if I can offload a pair of US13 Burton Photons and replace them with US10, which seems mad to me but will listen to the output from the data found here...
(I wear a UK 9 to 10 usually, but appreaciate now that the snowboard boots are meant to be very snug everywhere - moreso than trainers...)

Not had any interaction with @Wiredsport as such but read your info - so thanks buddy.... :)

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,073
Hi @Wiredsport,

A quick check on sizing would be very appreciated. I recently sized down from a 12 Vans Implant Pro to a 10.5 K2 Maysis. I have a 10.0 Maysis and 10.0 Vans Aura Pro ready for pick up, wanted to get an opinion before I commit. Thanks!!!
Hi,

Yes, You are Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in Snowboard boots. You are a "normal" D width.

If we have been helpful to you here on the forums, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,074
Crap crap crap!
Rookie alert!
I bought the wrong size, very much the wrong size!

I tried on 2 pairs of Burton Photon Double Boa Step-Ons. US 12 and US13.
US12 felt like they were gonna cripple me, so I kept the 13 and returned the 13. Mistake, big mistake.

I was having pain all around calves and ball of foot.
Narrowed my stance a little, and setup bindings more parallel than duck, a little better but still aching like crazy.
Focusing on standing central to bindings, knees bent and knees over toes, not buckling inwards (fairly regular gym user so trying to keep good form)

Tightened it all up more, worse pain.
Loosened it all off, 2 pairs socks, less pain on calves, but still on balls (of feet!!!!)
1 pair socks, and felt OK on balls.

Now, I'm noticing the heel is lifting, a lot - maybe 1cm+

So, I found this site, the snowboardsizer site and the Mondo info. Measured and also took photo of my foot in the boot inner sole. So disappointed to have confirmed I made a huge mistake!
:(

L&R are the same at 280x100mm, so why oh why am i in US13. Stupid steve, Stupid!

Now to see if I can offload a pair of US13 Burton Photons and replace them with US10, which seems mad to me but will listen to the output from the data found here...
(I wear a UK 9 to 10 usually, but appreaciate now that the snowboard boots are meant to be very snug everywhere - moreso than trainers...)

Not had any interaction with @Wiredsport as such but read your info - so thanks buddy.... :)
Hi,

You are also Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in Snowboard boots. You are a "normal" D width.

PS: These review sites are just reviews of any experience with a business. Sizing assistance with no purchase or transaction involvement is entirely appropriate for a review and is consistent with the policies of these sites. If our threads have been helpful to you it would help us a lot if you mentioned that on one of these sites. Businesses such as ours are not allowed to comment or respond to reviews directly unless they pay to do so (and the services are very expensive). Many thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi hope you can help me out. here’s my measurement photos. i guess i’m a 10.5 wide? should i account for socks? My toes were against the front of some crappy size 11 rentals all day last time which i just don’t get lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I am seeing you at 25.0 cm on both feet. That is Mondopoint 250 or size 7 in snowboard boots. Your foot is E width. I would suggest the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Synapse Wide in size 7. STOKED!
Hey Wired

I was able to purchase a 2018 Salomon Synapse Wide in Size 7 and got them heat molded.

Once I lace up and start walking, there is a pressure point against the side of my ankle bone. It seems to occur mostly when walking or going on my heel side. Throughout the day, the discomfort gets worse. I circled the area in the pic. Ignore the other red marks as I don’t feel pain from them.

I believe edge of tongue liner is putting pressure there. I tried moving the tongue liner around, which relieved some pressure. Eventually, it just moves back to a centered position and puts pressure on that point of my ankle.

Any suggestions? For now, it seems stuffing a folded sock in the area works.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,078
Hi hope you can help me out. here’s my measurement photos. i guess i’m a 10.5 wide? should i account for socks? My toes were against the front of some crappy size 11 rentals all day last time which i just don’t get lol
View attachment 152105 View attachment 152106 View attachment 152107
Hi,

You are Mondopoint 280 which is size 10 US in snowboard boots. Please shoot your width images again. For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

You are Mondopoint 280 which is size 10 US in snowboard boots. Please shoot your width images again. For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

hoping i can get away with a regular width somehow, because of my budget lol

2061 - 2080 of 2132 Posts