Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

2161 - 2180 of 2207 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,161
Thanks Wired!

Do you find the boot liners packs out a bit width wise after some time on the slope? That's my biggest worry to be honest.
All boots do pack out but in this instance you will not want them to. This boot is EEE width which is actually 1 and 2 width sizes larger than your actual foot widths (E and EE). Just get them heat fit and go shred!

STOKED!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Wiredsport,

I am an intermediate snowboarder with diagnosed flat feet and very hard toenails who has always had trouble with toeroom. On my first vacation I had two black toenails, one of them fell of later, and since then I use cotton under the toenail and toecaps to avoid too much damage, but my toes still get blue and it is uncomfortable. This was the case for the last three vacations in Flow boots size 44.5. The only boots that worked out for me were rented with a boa system and they were too big (46, normally I wear 44.5), but they prevented any contact in the front at least. Recently I got gifted Burton Motos 2019 with a boa system size 44.5/11.5 and they seem very comfortable, but I won't be able to test them anytime soon. I measured my feet according to the recommendations on this forum and got following measurements: 27cm length and 9.9cm width.

I know my current boots and the Burtons are technically too big, but the smaller boots I used put constant pressure on my toes, which was even more painful. Which size and maybe even boots would you recommend considering insoles against flatfeet would also have to fit in?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

PS: I really am sorry for posting my hobbit feet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,163
Hi Sammiron,

Your larger foot measures 27.1 cm which is Mondopoint 275 or size 9.5 US in snowboard boots. 27.1 cm is the smallest measurement in the size range for Mondopoint 275. The range is 27.1 to 27.5 cm. Your Smaller foot is Mondopoint 270 or size 9 US in snowboard boots. Your feet are both "normal" D width. Size 11.5 US is Mondopoint 295 which is two sizes too large for your larger foot and 2.5 sizes too large for your smaller foot. The most common reason for black toenails is motion within a boot that is too large. I would strongly suggest that you move to boots in your Mondopoint size 275. It is also important that you trim and round your nails (no square corners please). You will notice a huge benefit in comfort and performance once you take these steps.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi @Wiredsport,

I am an intermediate/early advanced snowboarder. Was told that I might have a mild-flat foot? (not sure, please assist with the photos). Not sure what Brand and model of boots I should be looking at (currently just browsing and leaning to Vans or Adidas as many have said to be more comfortable? Not sure.)

I own a ThirtyTwo Binary Double Boa, US10 size after a bootfitter fitted me with it and said it was fine. But I have faced issues whenever I board. I feel the underside of my foot (just 1-2cm below the balls of the foot towards the middle and stretches to the arch of foot) having the whole area burn. It felt like it is internally burning kind of pain and makes me not be able to board further or need to free-hang my foot for a while to alleviate the burning pain feeling for that few seconds.
I am not sure if my boots are too large as it was my first and only time buying a boots and just rolling with it till now.
I'm not sure what was causing the pain, not sure if I need a custom footbed made or what not.
I don't notice any heel lift etc...(maybe a quarter inch of heel lift, give-and-take) but I could be just to preoccupied with learning how to board.

Based off my images shown. I used a ruler and placed it against a wall and laid my feet and heel against a wall.
My Mondopoint seems to be:
Left Foot: 268.5mm long weighted and 101-102mm width weighted
Right Foot: 266-267mm long weighted
and 98mm width weighted

I'm not sure about the width of my foot thought. But ive been told I'm EE (2E)?
So do I always round up my mondopoint to 270/275?

Would appreciate any Brand+Model recommendations for boots. Thank you in advance!

Can i also check if this image on guides for different brands is true? Also that we can NEVER fit into our exact mondopoint sized boots?
Sizing.jpg

Thank you!

IMG_20200407_155309.jpg Left Length (2).jpg Left Width (2).jpg Left Top Insole.jpg Left Side Insole.jpg Right Length (2).jpg Right Width (2).jpg Right Top Insole.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,165
Hi Legendary,

It is critical that we get your measurements down first. Your barefoot measurement in mm is your Mondopoint size. Your ruler may be fine but please check that there is no empty space at the other end of the ruler (the end at your wall). Based on your measurements above and your images you are Mondopoint 270 or size 9 US in snowboard boots. You are an E width which requires a specific Wide mode. I would strongly suggest the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Synapse Wide in US size 9.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Legendary,

It is critical that we get your measurements down first. Your barefoot measurement in mm is your Mondopoint size. Your ruler may be fine but please check that there is no empty space at the other end of the ruler (the end at your wall). Based on your measurements above and your images you are Mondopoint 270 or size 9 US in snowboard boots. You are an E width which requires a specific Wide mode. I would strongly suggest the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Synapse Wide in US size 9.
Hi @Wiredsport,

Thank you for your prompt reply. As for my measurement, the ruler has a gap of 2mm, so we have to subtract the 2mm from the readings.
Apologies, I just retook my feel measurements and its weird that its slightly different - not sure why. Could it be because its night time here and temperature is cooler and feet tend to shrink a little? the width of my feet measurement differs, as you can see i place my feet very lightly touching the wall and not squeezing against the wall.
IMG_20200407_213131 (1).jpg IMG_20200407_213040.jpg IMG_20200407_213117.jpg IMG_20200407_213224.jpg IMG_20200407_213206.jpg

However previously measured with the mondopoint scale at a shoe shop. I was told I have an E or EE foot. Could it be temperature? And we should based it off when feet is warm?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,167
Hi,

Thanks for the additional images. This confirms Mondopoint 270 (hot or cold) and E width (not EE). There is only one manufacturer that produces their wide boots for E width and that is Salomon. I would strongly suggest the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Synapse Wide in US size 9.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the additional images. This confirms Mondopoint 270 (hot or cold) and E width (not EE). There is only one manufacturer that produces their wide boots for E width and that is Salomon. I would strongly suggest the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Synapse Wide in US size 9.

Thank you @Wiredsport !

Will review for you!!!
For the Salomon boots, do i get true-to-size US9? or do I have to size up/down for that brand?

Can I also ask what about the Adidas Tactical ADVs? As I have heard that wide foot people have tried it and have great results from those boots too.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, US size 9 Mondopoint 270. One of the 2 Wide models that I suggested only. Other Salomon boots would not be suggested.

STOKED!
Hi @Wiredsport,

Copied. Thanks again. However, based off an image that you sent previously on Foot Length + Width as shown: width2.jpg
I should be a 'D' width right? Based off my taken image of the side of my foot touching the wall LIGHTLY:
Left Foot Width 3.jpg Right Foot Width 3.jpg Ruler.jpg
My Left Foot: is 95mm ->
97mm - 2mm(for ruler gap)
My Right Foot: is 97mm -> 99mm - 2mm (for ruler gap)

And no doubt I'm still a Mondopoint 270mm (both feet about 265-270mm)

Thanks again

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Brian,

The 2 mm should be added to your measurement, not subtracted. You are E width.

STOKED!
Hi @Wiredsport,

Sorry for the taking new images, as I just rechecked that you actually want people to put their Medial (inner side of foot) against the wall.
Here's my foot width when lightly placed them against the wall with minimal force kicked sideways into the wall:
IMG_20200409_175033.jpg IMG_20200409_175156.jpg

Adding 2mm from the ruler gap should make me on the borderline between D and E. If so do i lean towards E? Will my feet move too much within a boot that will cause my Foot Burn Pain as i experienced previously?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello @Wiredsport !!! Looking for a boot / boot fit recommendation. I am an early intermediate rider who loves park, but want to ride everything. I wear a 10.5 in shoes normally. I currently own a pair of 2018 Vans Hi Standard in a size 10 that I’ve been riding for the last few seasons (my first pair of boots). Recently I began looking into picking up a different pair... something with a little more stiffness, warmth, and comfort. With the size 10 I am in the max range for my binding size. So I’ve been looking at Burton boots because of the well reviewed shrinkage technology. I was a few clicks away from picking up a pair of Burton Rulers (at a great price) until a couple of google searches led me here... now I’m questioning everything! Any help would be appreciated!

Looks like I may have been too big with the 10? My right foot seems to be 270 exactly (there is a 7mm gap at the beginning of the ruler). My left 272. My width seems to be at 9.7 on both feet.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,178
Hi Prize,

You are Mondopoint 275 or size 9.5 US in snowboard boots. You are at the low side of the range for this size with one of your feet actually being at the top of Mondopoint 270 or size 9 US. You are a "normal" D width.

·
Registered
141 Posts
@Wiredsport what’s your thoughts on the current boot shrinkage tech and binding size? For instance if you wear a size 10.5 burton and a medium binding says up to size 10 what size would you suggest? I have a Burton Photon wide 10.5 and looking at Union forces which says 10+ for Large

2161 - 2180 of 2207 Posts