Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

2181 - 2200 of 2207 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
^^ I emailed Union, I got a response form someone saying they wear size 10.5 in Thirty Twos and use a size medium. I have a size 11 Thirty Twos (before I realized I was sizing up due to width) and a size 10.5 photon wide. My next purchase will be a union force medium

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,

E width. This is the correct size for you and you will not have motion in the boot. Both your toes and heels will have firm pressure into the compliant materials of the liner.

STOKED!
Hi @Wiredsport,

With a 'E' width feet. Do you recommend Burton Asian Fit (Since they say the toe box is slightly bigger) but not as wide as the WIDE version.
And can I consider the Adidas Tactical ADVs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
As much as I appreciate Wireds work and what he's doing for the forum but owning both Ions in AF and Tactical boots. The Ions AF are somewhere between E and EE in width with narrower heel and the Tacticals EE and EEE but with a wider heel. Both fit my feet but Tacticals have nice cushy boost sole and are still stiffer than the Ions really broken in and perfect as a pow boot.
Just bought a pair of Acerra(almost identical last to the Tacticals) to try and probably stack up on as Adidas is no more in snowboarding after next season.
Bare in mind that I have one of Sweden's best boot fitters just a 5min walk from home so I do additional work to all my boots and custom insoles.

Hi Unsuspected,

You are a 270 Mondopoint and EE width. This is US size 9 at EE width in snowboard boots (your smaller foot is 265 or US size 8.5). There is only one boot that is designed for over E width. That is the Burton Ruler Wide (Which is EEE). Based on those measurements I would suggest the Ruler Wide in size 9. I will be happy to confirm your measurements if you want to post up some photos.

STOKED!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi @Wiredsport,

I am an intermediate/early advanced snowboarder. Was told that I might have a mild-flat foot? (not sure, please assist with the photos). Not sure what Brand and model of boots I should be looking at (currently just browsing and leaning to Vans or Adidas as many have said to be more comfortable? Not sure.)

I own a ThirtyTwo Binary Double Boa, US10 size after a bootfitter fitted me with it and said it was fine. But I have faced issues whenever I board. I feel the underside of my foot (just 1-2cm below the balls of the foot towards the middle and stretches to the arch of foot) having the whole area burn. It felt like it is internally burning kind of pain and makes me not be able to board further or need to free-hang my foot for a while to alleviate the burning pain feeling for that few seconds.
I am not sure if my boots are too large as it was my first and only time buying a boots and just rolling with it till now.
I'm not sure what was causing the pain, not sure if I need a custom footbed made or what not.
I don't notice any heel lift etc...(maybe a quarter inch of heel lift, give-and-take) but I could be just to preoccupied with learning how to board.

Based off my images shown. I used a ruler and placed it against a wall and laid my feet and heel against a wall.
My Mondopoint seems to be:
Left Foot: 268.5mm long weighted and 101-102mm width weighted
Right Foot: 266-267mm long weighted
and 98mm width weighted

I'm not sure about the width of my foot thought. But ive been told I'm EE (2E)?
So do I always round up my mondopoint to 270/275?

Would appreciate any Brand+Model recommendations for boots. Thank you in advance!

Can i also check if this image on guides for different brands is true? Also that we can NEVER fit into our exact mondopoint sized boots?

Thank you!

View attachment 153528 View attachment 153527 View attachment 153524 View attachment 153516 View attachment 153517 View attachment 153526 View attachment 153523 View attachment 153520
Hi,

Thanks for the additional images. This confirms Mondopoint 270 (hot or cold) and E width (not EE). There is only one manufacturer that produces their wide boots for E width and that is Salomon. I would strongly suggest the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Synapse Wide in US size 9.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

Hi @Wiredsport,

Can I ask whats the difference between Mondopoint and Brannock scale? I've went to a normal shoe shop and the Brannock scale indicate that I'm 2E compared to Mondopoint.

From my understanding, 2 person can have the same foot length but different balls to toe length and that's where the Brannock scale is more accurate for width instead of Mondopoint right?

@unsuspected , Have messaged you regarding some questions I would like to ask you if you don't mind. Thanks!

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,187
Brannock is a conversion. It produces a shoe size. Mondopoint is not a conversion. Your foot length and width in mm determines your size. You are the lowest measurement in the range for E width.

Again, I would strongly suggest that you stick with my very specific suggestions for you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
As much as I appreciate Wireds work and what he's doing for the forum but owning both Ions in AF and Tactical boots. The Ions AF are somewhere between E and EE in width with narrower heel and the Tacticals EE and EEE but with a wider heel. Both fit my feet but Tacticals have nice cushy boost sole and are still stiffer than the Ions really broken in and perfect as a pow boot.
Just bought a pair of Acerra(almost identical last to the Tacticals) to try and probably stack up on as Adidas is no more in snowboarding after next season.
Bare in mind that I have one of Sweden's best boot fitters just a 5min walk from home so I do additional work to all my boots and custom insoles.
May I ask, where you got that Info from, that adidas is leaving the business? I read that a few times already on here but wasn't able to find any confirmed Info somewhere.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you know if Burton plan to release any more wide boot options other than Ruler and Photon? Where would this information usually be found (ie. manufacturer's plans for next season's gear)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wired, it is my first time shopping for a boot that fits me best. I am looking for some stiff boots that fit my feet.

I tried on the Malamutes in 9.5 that are the current frontrunner. They fit ALMOST like a glove. The only concern is the width. They feel a little bit narrow, but I am hoping they break in to be a perfect fit. What recommendation can you make, Wired? Any other boots I should try? Do you think the malamutes will be too narrow?

My specs are : 273 x 105mm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Wiredsport,

My living place doesn't sell many snowboard gears so I need to purchase them on the internet. So far, I aim for the thirtytwo boots but I don't know which size should I take. I really need your good advice. Here some measurement of my feet and please free feel to require more information.

Bare foot:
Left: 26.5 cm (L) x 10.0 cm (W)
Right 27.0 cm (L) x 10.0 cm (W)

With winter socks:
Left: 27.0 cm (L) x 10.5 cm (W)
Right 27.4 cm (L) x 10.5 cm (W)

Thanks you!

LikeSnow

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,197
Hi LikeSnow,

You are Mondopoint 270 or size 9 US in snowboard boots. You are E width so this will require very specific boots. I would strongly suggest either the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Synapse Wide in size 9 US. I would also suggest that you purchase thin snowboard socks. Socks that add .5 cm to foot size are far too thick and should not be used for snowboarding.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wired,

Thank you so much for you reply. You let me understand what I really need for my snowboard life.
I will stick on your suggestions, have a good day! :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi Wiredsport,

My living place doesn't sell many snowboard gears so I need to purchase them on the internet. So far, I aim for the thirtytwo boots but I don't know which size should I take. I really need your good advice. Here some measurement of my feet and please free feel to require more information.

Bare foot:
Left: 26.5 cm (L) x 10.0 cm (W)
Right 27.0 cm (L) x 10.0 cm (W)

With winter socks:
Left: 27.0 cm (L) x 10.5 cm (W)
Right 27.4 cm (L) x 10.5 cm (W)

Thanks you!

LikeSnow
I'd advise against wearing "winter socks" and get some thinner snowboard specific socks. It's counter intuitive, but thin socks in well fitting boots is warmer than thick socks in boots that are too big. Thin socks offer higher performance, less chances of blisters, and plenty of warmth generating circulation. You really don't want your feet moving around inside of your boots at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd advise against wearing "winter socks" and get some thinner snowboard specific socks. It's counter intuitive, but thin socks in well fitting boots is warmer than thick socks in boots that are too big. Thin socks offer higher performance, less chances of blisters, and plenty of warmth generating circulation. You really don't want your feet moving around inside of your boots at all.
I get your point. The prefect condition is the boot liners closely wrap your feet, so can reduce unnecessary movement inside the boots. Thick socks or large boots will mess up the prefect condition. Thanks a lot for the good advise.

2181 - 2200 of 2207 Posts