Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

2201 - 2207 of 2207 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey @Wiredsport

I wanted to check up on my boot size also, so I was wondering if you could help me out, people speak highly of these recommendations.

I measured my foot length at 28.4cm using your method (that is the very tip of the toe) on the largest foot and width at 9cm on the largest foot.

I've been wearing 11.5US boots previously.

Cheers!

·
Registered
116 Posts
@Wiredsport

I didn't ask you anything in this thread (although I did read through it all) but I wanted to report back and thank you.
I was having problems with new bindings and centering my boots on my new wide board (wide board + large bindings). I joined the forum to ask a few questions and somehow along my research I found this thread when someone suggested that I should check whether I was really a size 11, which is a in-between size with bindings.

Your instructions were quite simple so I measured my feet and realized that, as per your tools and charts, I was a size 9.5 (feet ware 271 and 272mm) instead of the 11 I've been riding for over 20 years (been riding since '89), with D width (dodged at least one bullet here).
I have to say that, if at any time in the last 20 years, some salesman had told me that this kind of fit was good, I'd have refused to buy his suggestion and gone with my usual 11 (maybe 10.5). I mean I never encountered a real boot-fitter over here, just the regular teen/early20s salesman who knows about t-shirts but not equipment (big difference).

Late this season I bought a new pair of Burton Imperial size 11 and rode them 3 times. They were perfect. No heel-lift, very comfortable. My problem was just with the centering on the new board (which I never rode due to the whole virus-thingy you might have heard of).

After a bit of being in denial about your measurements and method I did all the verifications and bit the bullet for yet another new pair of imperial but those in 9.5 (thank goodness for the end-of-season killer deals we're having).
Got them today and they do fit dang well. They're not as comfortable as my 11 (expected) and it's really weird for me to have my toes contact the liner so much. However, with a proper heat-mold (I think there is one shop in my town that might have the equipment for it) I'm quite certain that most of the pressure I'm having will be remedied (that's on top of the fact that the boots will pack a bit).

All in all: that changed a lot for me. I may keep my wide boards (with new M size bindings), considering that many folks enjoy volume-shifted boards even for freestyle and the ones I have aren't "volume-shifted-wide" anyways but I do now have a regulard-width board coming just in case (that was a crazy spring for snowboard-related expenses).

So thank you very much for sharing your expertise so generously (and repeating yourself ad nauseum), it's highly appreciated of course. I don't know how the new boots will fare once I can ride again but I'm confident they'll be great.

I'm sure you're sorry you couldn't have a gander at my feet but you got plenty of footpics to go on. ;)

I'll go fill in your reviews now. Thanks again for helping me make a big change to my old-school ways. Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey @Wiredsport!

This is awesome what you've done here!

Looking to get some boots by going in store to try them on.

Just measured my feet, my biggest in each category:
Right Height: ~25.9
Left Wifth: ~11.5 (For width I measured across the widest part of my foot, hope thats right!)

So going by the calculator this boots me in a snowboard boots size of 8.0 (mondo 260) I believe?

Pretty keen to hear any suggestions of mid flexing boots you may have!

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, @Wiredsport
I’m strongly considering jumping into the Burton Step-On system as I get older and am try to simplify my riding enjoyment.

Would I be a candidate for 7.5 Burton Photon wide boots. I tend to prefer more width room in the toe area.
My right foot is 255mm in length and 110mm at its widest
My left foot is 253 mm in length and 107 at its widest

Thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@Climb&Ride keep in mind Burton suggests half a number larger boots if you get their Step On variant. I used to ride with a 43.5 standard boot (admittedly a little too small for me now), and I just bought some Step On Ruler 44.5 (half number more than my Nike) and they seem to fit good, I obviously have a slight contact at the tips but I haven't heat molded nor used them yet so I expect them to break in after the first couple of rides.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actually this has helped me in my sneaker size as well, was about to send back a pair of Adidas sneakers until I realized they were the correct Mondo, kept them and after two days they just feel right, du much better than my other oversized ones.

Now just waiting to receive my Adidas snowboard boots to see if they fit. (Samba or tactical adv, haven't decided yet)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey @Wiredsport umm, when is the best time to take our measurements? Pre-food, in the morning, after walking around in new shoes in the evening lol? How often should we remeasure our feet?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

2201 - 2207 of 2207 Posts