Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

2281 - 2300 of 2303 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
And I feel your pain, only amplified. Skinny ankles, normal heel, EEE-wide front foot, high instep, high arches, collapsed front foot valves. Suffering from searing front foot pain after only a couple hours of riding. Got custom made footbeds and wide Photons and that made things better, but not good. Have bought Katanas to replace my Cartels to alleviate instep pressure but haven't had the chance to try it yet. Next step will be aggressive modding of the liners.

If it doesn't work out I'm seriously going to consider the hardboot route because I'm getting desperate (hope BA doesn't see this because I know he'll shit on me😅) - bye-bye board feel. Or at least that super-weird hydrid boot, Ground Control from Deeluxe.
Have you tried Adidas boots?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Was considering them but went with Photons because I wanted double BOAs, plus I heard there were durability issues with Adidas.
You have double BOA on the Acerra. No issues with my Tacticals yet, got 30-40 days on them. Got a pair Acerras as backup when Adidas pulls ut next year.

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
You have double BOA on the Acerra. No issues with my Tacticals yet, got 30-40 days on them. Got a pair Acerras as backup when Adidas pulls ut next year.
How is their roominess overall? I find the combo of high instep and skinny ankles challenging. Got a problem with this in 32 TM2:s - there was a lot of space between the liner and the shell over my ankles, while they were crushing my instep.

BA himself once told me I would probably have to do some serious modding no matter what boot I get, because I "have a lot of shit going on". :cry:

·
Registered
368 Posts
How is their roominess overall? I find the combo of high instep and skinny ankles challenging. Got a problem with this in 32 TM2:s - there was a lot of space between the liner and the shell over my ankles, while they were crushing my instep.

BA himself once told me I would probably have to do some serious modding no matter what boot I get, because I "have a lot of shit going on". :cry:
I have V shaped feet so wide fore foot and skinny ankles, Halux valgus on both big toes and on both pinky toes and flat feet. No boot will fit me straight out of the box. Have to get them bootfitted especially the heels and custom insoles. Similar fit to the Burton Wides but with boost sole. I would consider ordering a pair and send them back if they don't fit.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

Have you tried ride boots yet? Sorry if I missed this. I found the lasso to be really good and I'm definitely having issues with my 32s. I know I'll have to mod them over time but I expect that I'll have to do that for everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Wiredsport

I have measured at just under 25.5 cm mondopoint and around 10.2-10.3 cm for the width. So I'm trying the Burton Ruler Wides at 7.5. Problem that has plagued me is I get a hotspot on my instep which cuts off circulation to my outside toes, primarily the 4th toe.I've attached pictures showing measurements and on the footbeds, as well as showing where the hotspot is. Even after putting boots on for 5 minutes no matter how tight or loose, my instep will be red. This is after a heat fit, following all of your instructions. Before the toes go numb the boots actually feel really good. Pressure on all the toes withouth being painful and no heel lift whatsoever. I'm unsure about what I should do here. Because this problem actually forced me to quit boarding for a few years, and as much as I'd love to get back into it, the pain is just unbearable. Of course before the ruler wides I did what most people do and size up but we all know the problems that caused, so I feel like I'm in a no win situation haha.
20210101_150529.jpg 20210101_150129.jpg 20210101_150117.jpg 20210102_010014.jpg

·
Registered
207 Posts
@Wiredsport

I have measured at just under 25.5 cm mondopoint and around 10.2-10.3 cm for the width. So I'm trying the Burton Ruler Wides at 7.5. Problem that has plagued me is I get a hotspot on my instep which cuts off circulation to my outside toes, primarily the 4th toe.I've attached pictures showing measurements and on the footbeds, as well as showing where the hotspot is. Even after putting boots on for 5 minutes no matter how tight or loose, my instep will be red. This is after a heat fit, following all of your instructions. Before the toes go numb the boots actually feel really good. Pressure on all the toes withouth being painful and no heel lift whatsoever. I'm unsure about what I should do here. Because this problem actually forced me to quit boarding for a few years, and as much as I'd love to get back into it, the pain is just unbearable. Of course before the ruler wides I did what most people do and size up but we all know the problems that caused, so I feel like I'm in a no win situation haha.
View attachment 156080 View attachment 156081 View attachment 156082 View attachment 156083
I've seen mods where some people will cut part of lining out where your having hot spots. Basically its pressing down on the veins and causing your foot to go numb.

Hers the link Foot burn, foot pain, pins and needles when wearing...

we live in a space ship dear!

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Have you tried ride boots yet? Sorry if I missed this. I found the lasso to be really good and I'm definitely having issues with my 32s. I know I'll have to mod them over time but I expect that I'll have to do that for everything.
I've tried several ride boots and while I find their fit overall ok, they are not for my EEE front foot. Ride themselves confirmed that even their Maysis Wide would only fit an EE at most.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
@Wiredsport

View attachment 156080 View attachment 156081 View attachment 156082 View attachment 156083
Now that your boot are fitting well, except for the instep area. First thing to try, when heat moulding, is to cut piece of 1/4" of self adhesive boot footing foam to paste on circled areas of your instep. Then slip on a thin wicking liner over your foot and foam piece. Heat up your liners, insert the liners in the boot, followed by your foot with the wicking liner and foam bit. Once your foot is in the boot, tie or boa up you boots like you usually do and then stand in your widened athletic stance like you would on a snowboard. Stay still in that stance for about 15 minutes to let your liners cool and form. Second to last is get your feet out, take out the foam bit and then put on your regular thin snowboard socks and re-insert your feet. You should be then good to go. Btw if your boots are fitted properly with good heel pocket and hold, you should not need to tighten the lower laces/boas...only slightly snug them a bit.

If that doesn't work, then first try grinding down the bottom of your insole, only on the front half of the insole...only grind off 1-2mm and see if that works...perhaps then grind off a bit more. If the grinding does not work, then shave/grind/sand off a mm or two off the top of the liner on the outside of the liner (where you have circled in red) as suggested above by 2by2.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I've tried several ride boots and while I find their fit overall ok, they are not for my EEE front foot. Ride themselves confirmed that even their Maysis Wide would only fit an EE at most.
Ride doesn't make the maysis. You talking about K2?

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,661 Posts
Ride Lasso and K2 Maysis are very similar in fit and feel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got pregnant with twins shortly after your recommendation to me a couple of years ago, so I didn't end up buying the pair of boots you suggested. I have measured my feet and they are still the same size. That puts me at a mondo 23.5 size with D width. I can't seem to find a mens boot in size 5.5. They all seem to start at size 6. What the heck should I do? I've been scouring the internet for a solution and I'm just at a loss for what to do. Any advice? At this point, I'm willing to pay over $1,000 to a company if they can make me a custom pair but I haven't had any luck finding a company that does that either. Thank you!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yes you do. They aren't advertised as wides but fit a EE-EEE foot. Boost sole is probably the best one any snowboard boot ever had.
No luck finding any Adidas in my size, but DC Mutiny had a ton of width in the toe box and nice and snug around my ankle and were cheap so snagged a pair. Would never have guessed I'd walk out with DC boots, but I tried on a bunch and they fit the best. Nitro Venture fit similarly too but they didn't have my size. Couple options worth checking out if you have wide feet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2281 - 2300 of 2303 Posts