Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
2361 - 2380 of 2441 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,362 ·
Here is our heat fit thread: Heat Fit FAQ - Love your feet .

Your socks are fine. Make sure that you are lacing tightly and never walk in your boots unlaced. Bruising like in your image is almost always from motion inside the boot which allows a subtle but constant banging to occur.

STOKED!

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Wiredsport
Hello,
I really need your advice as I’ve been struggling with making the right decision with my snowboard boots
I know street boots are meaningless because depending on brand I can go from 10-11 US but I’m average US10.5

Back to snowboard boots :) I purchased both the US10 & US10.5 Burton Swath Step On (2021) and been trying them both on.. I want to believe that US10 has a good fit except for my toe which felt like it was jammed constantly. Wore it for over an hour.
With the 10.5 my toe brushes against the front but I get a slight heel lift and it’s not so snug around the toe box.
Something I’m not used to since I’ve just been using ski boots for the past 8 years...

It’s all rather confusing because according to the charts I should be a 10 but not sure that’s true in this case...
I have attached pictures of my boot with my heel to the wall and also early 2020 I had my foot scanned at surefoot for some ski boots and attached those for reference.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.
Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haven’t had it heat fitted yet as we don’t have the facility in Dubai and would have to wait till I hit the mountains.. I was wearing ultra thin ski socks and left the boots on for about two hours. My toe was jammed and when I flex it’s still jammed. Didn’t have that issue with the 10.5 though.
I was told by Burton that step on boots run small? Unsure how factual that is.

Hi MH,

Yes, you are Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in snowboard boots. Have you had your heat fit done yet? What socks are you using?

STOKED!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've just ordered a Salomon Dancehaul 152 snowboard for the coming winter season which I'm very excited about! And I'm keen to add some Burton Step On bindings. I have wide feet and have always suffered with pain on the outside of my feet while boarding. After plenty of research into Step On compatible boots, I see that my options are either the Burton Photon Wide or the DC Control boot. In order to help me decide, I would appreciate any feedback on which of these 2 boots is wider? The Photon Wide or the DC Control?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Measure your feet in the way wired sport has explained in this thread. Photon Wides provide EE width and I think are amongst the widest boots out there. But obviously the width you need is dependent on how wide your feet are.
I switched from size 14 Ruler to size 12 (US) Photon wide purely because the width on the photons was right for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Measure your feet in the way wired sport has explained in this thread. Photon Wides provide EE width and I think are amongst the widest boots out there. But obviously the width you need is dependent on how wide your feet are.
I switched from size 14 Ruler to size 12 (US) Photon wide purely because the width on the photons was right for me.
Thanks, will do.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I've just ordered a Salomon Dancehaul 152 snowboard for the coming winter season which I'm very excited about! And I'm keen to add some Burton Step On bindings. I have wide feet and have always suffered with pain on the outside of my feet while boarding. After plenty of research into Step On compatible boots, I see that my options are either the Burton Photon Wide or the DC Control boot. In order to help me decide, I would appreciate any feedback on which of these 2 boots is wider? The Photon Wide or the DC Control?
I ride in the regular Photon wide and it fits me very well. When I bought the same size in Step Ons they are too narrow or low.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'd reconsider if I were you unless you can afford to take the hit on trying & modifying several pairs of boots. Even people with normal/narrow feet & no previous pain problems have found the Step On boots cause pain in the outside of the foot. The shell of the wide boots is the same as the normal width (it has to be to fit in the toe cleats), so the only difference is the wide boot liners are thinner; probably not what you want if you've always suffered pain on the outside of your feet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Wiredsport perhaps you could also help me please? Photos below of my ugly feet (apologies to all). Trying to decide which boot is the better match to my wide feet, and planning for Burton Step On bindings, the Burton Photon Wide Step On or the DC Control Step On? Also what size is recommended in either brand? I have been riding an old pair of Burton Shaun White special edition boots in size US 10.5, EUR 9.5 until now. Length seems ok but always suffer with pain on the outside of my feet. It really does become a "pain" to constantly loosen my boots between runs to gain some rest bite from he pain, and certainly has a very negative effect on performance, especially towards the end of the day on icy runs when tiredness has crept in. I would love to get my new setup right for the coming season. I don't have the option to try on various boots unfortunately as there are very few shops in Ireland. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Joint Skin Chin Human body Neck
Human body Wood Yellow Flooring Floor
Hand Tape measure Wood Gesture Ruler

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,372 ·
Hi,
I will be happy to help. Please take these images again. Please reverse your left foot in the width image so it matches your right foot image (medial side against the wall). Please also adjust your ruler so it is at the wide point / long point and please make sure it is perpendicular to the wall.

STOKED!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I will be happy to help. Please take these images again. Please reverse your left foot in the width image so it matches your right foot image (medial side against the wall). Please also adjust your ruler so it is at the wide point / long point and please make sure it is perpendicular to the wall.

STOKED!
Thank You

I really appreciate your help! Please see new photos taken standing on a flat ruler perpendicular to the wall. I have also taken an overall of my feet shape, which seem to be at their widest point approx. 60-70mm back from the tip of my small toe, and this is where I experience the heat and pain.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,374 ·
Hi JWG,

You are Mondopoint 270 or size 9 US in snowboard boots. Your width is 11 cm which is a EEE width and requires very specific boots. The Burton Ruler Wide or Photon Wide in size 9 will be great choices as Burton designs these for EEE width. Step on boots can create pain issues due to construction that are not associated with standard boots. You will definitely want to try those on before you commit.

STOKED!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi JWG,

You are Mondopoint 270 or size 9 US in snowboard boots. Your width is 11 cm which is a EEE width and requires very specific boots. The Burton Ruler Wide or Photon Wide in size 9 will be great choices as Burton designs these for EEE width. Step on boots can create pain issues due to construction that are not associated with standard boots. You will definitely want to try those on before you commit.

STOKED!
Hi Wiredsport

Thanks you so much for your advice and very speedy response.

I have been using Flow rear entry bindings as most of my friends are skiers and I like the ease of use. Perhaps I might be better off with a set of new Flow Bindings with standard wide fitting boots rather than Step Ons? I'm generally an all mountain type boarder sticking mainly to the resort and very little time in the park. Any advice on the right flow binding and boot combo?

Thanks
John

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,377 ·

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Stupid question maybe, but do feet shrink slightly when cold......I feel after riding for a few days this week I could probably get into a smaller boot size with a little play I'm experiencing at the toes.

Usually 10.5, Ride Lasso's and no pain although I still notice ankle pressure points with these boots especially rhs.

They also don't seem to wear real well on the toe cap, possibly from dragging that toe as its the aft one during carves but I would've thought it would be hard wearing than one weeks riding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey @Wiredsport

I am 264 mondo aka size 8.5 boot.
My width is 4.1inches which seems to be between E/EE according to your width chart.

Could you point me in the right direction as far as boot choices go?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,380 ·
Stupid question maybe, but do feet shrink slightly when cold......I feel after riding for a few days this week I could probably get into a smaller boot size with a little play I'm experiencing at the toes.

Usually 10.5, Ride Lasso's and no pain although I still notice ankle pressure points with these boots especially rhs.

They also don't seem to wear real well on the toe cap, possibly from dragging that toe as its the aft one during carves but I would've thought it would be hard wearing than one weeks riding.
Hi NT, sorry I missed this. Do we have your measurements in a previous post? This could be normal pack out if the boots are new. Feet can swell do to various factors but it very unusual for that to change a sizing suggestion.

2361 - 2380 of 2441 Posts