Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
2381 - 2400 of 2441 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,381 ·
Hey @Wiredsport

I am 264 mondo aka size 8.5 boot.
My width is 4.1inches which seems to be between E/EE according to your width chart.

Could you point me in the right direction as far as boot choices go?
Thanks!
Hi Dylan,

4.1 inches is EE width at Mondo 265. You are correct that this is size 8.5 US. I would strongly suggest Burton's Wide Models for you as they are designed for EEE width. The Ruler Wide and the Photon Wide will be great choices.

STOKED!

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Hi NT, sorry I missed this. Do we have your measurements in a previous post? This could be normal pack out if the boots are new. Feet can swell do to various factors but it very unusual for that to change a sizing suggestion.
See below, they were new boots and like you said have no doubt packed out. Wondering if I could squeeze into a size or half a size down. Would like to try the Adidas Tac adv but thinking I really need to try them on and will have to be OS somewhere I think as I haven't seen them here in Aus.

measured up my feet and come up with 2830 length and 100 width which looks like Mondo 285

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,383 ·
See below, they were new boots and like you said have no doubt packed out. Wondering if I could squeeze into a size or half a size down. Would like to try the Adidas Tac adv but thinking I really need to try them on and will have to be OS somewhere I think as I haven't seen them here in Aus.
Got it. Pack out is the likely culprit as all boots will pack out about 1cm (1 full boot size) in the first few weeks of riding. 283 is well centered in the Mondo range for 28.5. 100 width is on the narrower side of D width at this size. You are technically in the correct size but width is equally important as length. A narrower fitting 10.5 will likely help a lot. Do you have access to Salomon over there?

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Got it. Pack out is the likely culprit as all boots will pack out about 1cm (1 full boot size) in the first few weeks of riding. 283 is well centered in the Mondo range for 28.5. 100 width is on the narrower side of D width at this size. You are technically in the correct size but width is equally important as length. A narrower fitting 10.5 will likely help a lot. Do you have access to Salomon over there?
Yep I've plenty of Salomon boots, I've actually got a pair of Salomon hiking goretex boots. Do you think a 10.5 in Salomon might be a better fit and which model for general freeride and carving? I'm also thinking of doing away with the upper boa and going for laces and heel lock boa if there's something suitable there.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,385 ·
Yep I've plenty of Salomon boots, I've actually got a pair of Salomon hiking goretex boots. Do you think a 10.5 in Salomon might be a better fit and which model for general freeride and carving? I'm also thinking of doing away with the upper boa and going for laces and heel lock boa if there's something suitable there.
Yes, I do. Synapse, Dialogue and Malamute have been around forever and are now super refined models. The Malamute is not as stiff as it sounds and that is a great option. The other two are slightly more forgiving as well.

STOKED!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi Dylan,

4.1 inches is EE width at Mondo 265. You are correct that this is size 8.5 US. I would strongly suggest Burton's Wide Models for you as they are designed for EEE width. The Ruler Wide and the Photon Wide will be great choices.

STOKED!
Ion Wide is also available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Dylan,

STOKED!
Hey,

Thanks for the reply! I went to my local shop and tried on the Burton Photon Wides and they do feel a little bit roomier and more comfortable than my previous boots. However, on my right foot I still feel pressure agaisnt the top of my pinky toe and on the outside of my foot at the widest area. I also tried on the Ride Lasso Pro Wide and those felt a little bit better than the burtons - I still had the pressure on my pinky toe and outside of my foot but it was just a little less. Will heat moulding either of the boots fix this issue for me? Im not really sure what else I can do.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,388 ·
Hey,

Thanks for the reply! I went to my local shop and tried on the Burton Photon Wides and they do feel a little bit roomier and more comfortable than my previous boots. However, on my right foot I still feel pressure agaisnt the top of my pinky toe and on the outside of my foot at the widest area. I also tried on the Ride Lasso Pro Wide and those felt a little bit better than the burtons - I still had the pressure on my pinky toe and outside of my foot but it was just a little less. Will heat moulding either of the boots fix this issue for me? Im not really sure what else I can do.
Hi,
All boots will pack out about 1 full shoe size (1 cm) over the first few weeks of riding. A heat fit should always be done before riding. You should feel firm pressure on all toes, your heels and the sides of your feet even after pack in and heat fit. This should be firm pressure but not pain.

STOKED!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear @Wiredsport, please help me out.
I've measured my feet 280mm morning, 285mm in the evening, 105-110mm wide accordingly. All my shoes are 280mm (EU44), except my weightlifting set which are 285mm. Addationally, I have a nice flat foot.
Which boots should I prefer/buy? :S

Thank you in advance,

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,394 ·
Hi,

You are a Mondopoint 285 or size 10.5 US in snowboard boots. Your images show a width of 10.1 cm which is a "standard" D width. As such, you will be able to choose from most snowboard boots with great results provided that you stick with size 10.5.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

Wiredsport is rated "Excellent" with 4.5 / 5 on Trustpilot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

You are a Mondopoint 285 or size 10.5 US in snowboard boots. Your images show a width of 10.1 cm which is a "standard" D width. As such, you will be able to choose from most snowboard boots with great results provided that you stick with size 10.5.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear @Wiredsport, I tried 2022 Burton Photon Step Ons in mens 10's yesterday. I had regular cotten tennis shoes socks on. Toes felt cramped against the front of the boot when standing straight up. Borderline like they wanted to bend. It gave me pause. Didn't feel like a glove.They did not have 10.5's to try. The boot fitter ensured me this was correct and they would break in, and create more room.

I've only ever wore trash rental 10's in mystery brand to compare.

I used your measurement method today and measured Rt 26.6 and Lft 26.7 today. Both 9.5 cm wide.

What is your recommendation based on these measurements?

I didn't have winter socks on keep in mind.

Go 10, go 11, or hold out for 10.5's which they say might not be possible? It's a big time investment so I'd like to feel confident in my purchase.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,397 ·
Dear @Wiredsport, I tried 2022 Burton Photon Step Ons in mens 10's yesterday. I had regular cotten tennis shoes socks on. Toes felt cramped against the front of the boot when standing straight up. Borderline like they wanted to bend. It gave me pause. Didn't feel like a glove.They did not have 10.5's to try. The boot fitter ensured me this was correct and they would break in, and create more room.

I've only ever wore trash rental 10's in mystery brand to compare.

I used your measurement method today and measured Rt 26.6 and Lft 26.7 today. Both 9.5 cm wide.

What is your recommendation based on these measurements?

I didn't have winter socks on keep in mind.

Go 10, go 11, or hold out for 10.5's which they say might not be possible? It's a big time investment so I'd like to feel confident in my purchase.

Thanks!
Hi TB,
Your measurements are (26.6, 26.7) are at the smallest size of the range for Mondopoint 270 or size 9 US in snowboard boots. The range for this size is 25.6 to 27.0 cm. 9.5 cm wide is at the smallest end of the range for standard D with. Mondo 270 or size 9 is your suggested size in all boots. Please post up images of your barefoot measurements being taken. We should confirm that we have those right before we proceed.

STOKED!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi TB,
Your measurements are (26.6, 26.7) are at the smallest size of the range for Mondopoint 270 or size 9 US in snowboard boots. The range for this size is 25.6 to 27.0 cm. 9.5 cm wide is at the smallest end of the range for standard D with. Mondo 270 or size 9 is your suggested size in all boots. Please post up images of your barefoot measurements being taken. We should confirm that we have those right before we proceed.

STOKED!

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,400 ·
Hi,

Thanks for those images. Yes, you are an easy fit Mondopoint 270 or size 9 US in snowboard boots. You are also at the narrower side of standard D Width so you will have a wide variety of boots available to you in this size.

2381 - 2400 of 2441 Posts