Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
2401 - 2420 of 2441 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
So if I’m doing this right, with a 28.6 cm foot, I am an adidas tactical 12 but a k2 maysis wide 10.5? I would never have caught that. Would have gone straight for the k2 12’s

edit: my mind is blown by this. I feel extremely dumb right now. Shoe manufacturers should be bytch slapped.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,403 ·
So if I’m doing this right, with a 28.6 cm foot, I am an adidas tactical 12 but a k2 maysis wide 10.5? I would never have caught that. Would have gone straight for the k2 12’s

edit: my mind is blown by this. I feel extremely dumb right now. Shoe manufacturers should be bytch slapped.
Hi Apex,

Would you mind posting up your barefoot measurements? You would not have the correct fit in both of those boots. It is equally important to match width as length. If your foot requires a wide boot then you will need a wide boot to obtain the correct fit at your Mondopoint size.

STOKED!

·
Registered
27 Posts
At work for the next 8-9hr. Will do later tonight or tomorrow. I was just going off the size recommendations for CM measurements. I do not own k2 maysis wide only the adidas tactical advs. Those are the first boots in my life that I feel like are the exact perfect fit. Tight fit the first few days and now they feel like walking on clouds even after 8 hours of shred. Just stunned at the size recommendations for the same CM length

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,405 ·
Hi Apex,

28.6 cm is the smallest length measurement in the size range for Mondopoint 290 or size 11. 1 mm smaller is 285 or size 10.5. Lets get your measurements for both feet (length and width for each) and we will know where we are.

STOKED!

·
Registered
27 Posts
So it looks like I’m 28 CM long and 11.11 Cm wide. Let me know if I should redo these measurements. The tape measure I used is in inches so I had to convert
Wood Flooring Finger Floor Wood stain
Skin Tape measure Neck Gesture Cloud

Nose Wood Gesture Finger Nail

last season I went to a snowboard shop, they said I needed a size 11 and so I bought some burton photons size 11. Even after 40ish days riding in the boots I was miserable. Feet falling asleep, always in constant, terrible pain after the first run. I went to a professional boot fitter / heat molder aka Bootsie's Teton Boot Lab. After looking at my foot in the shell for about 60 seconds he said, sorry I can’t help you. Go buy bigger boots. I went back to the same shop, they looked at my foot in the shell and said yes, this boot is too small. We should have looked at your foot in the shell when we first sold them to you and they gave me a full refund (This was after about the two months that it took me to get 40 days on the hill). They ended up putting me in adidas tactical 12 and I’ve never been happier. So looking at Burtons website it tells me for a Mondo 28 to buy a size 10 Photon. Judging by my width, I'd need a Photon Wide however. How come the boot fitter and the shop didn't say 'hey you don't need bigger boots, just wider boots.' I know for a fact I cannot fit into a photon size 10 mondo 28 but this is saying I could fit into the wide verson? I just can't see how it's possible. A size 11 made me want to quit riding (they weren't wide though). My personal experience just tells me there is a better chance Angry is going to become BFFs w/ good ride than me fitting into a photon 10 wide. I just don't see how it's possible.

·
Registered
121 Posts
So it looks like I’m 28 CM long and 11.11 Cm wide. Let me know if I should redo these measurements. The tape measure I used is in inches so I had to convert View attachment 159214 View attachment 159215

View attachment 159216

last season I went to a snowboard shop, they said I needed a size 11 and so I bought some burton photons size 11. Even after 40ish days riding in the boots I was miserable. Feet falling asleep, always in constant, terrible pain after the first run. I went to a professional boot fitter / heat molder aka Bootsie's Teton Boot Lab. After looking at my foot in the shell for about 60 seconds he said, sorry I can’t help you. Go buy bigger boots. I went back to the same shop, they looked at my foot in the shell and said yes, this boot is too small. We should have looked at your foot in the shell when we first sold them to you and they gave me a full refund (This was after about the two months that it took me to get 40 days on the hill). They ended up putting me in adidas tactical 12 and I’ve never been happier. So looking at Burtons website it tells me for a Mondo 28 to buy a size 10 Photon. Judging by my width, I'd need a Photon Wide however. How come the boot fitter and the shop didn't say 'hey you don't need bigger boots, just wider boots.' I know for a fact I cannot fit into a photon size 10 mondo 28 but this is saying I could fit into the wide verson? I just can't see how it's possible. A size 11 made me want to quit riding (they weren't wide though). My personal experience just tells me there is a better chance Angry is going to become BFFs w/ good ride than me fitting into a photon 10 wide. I just don't see how it's possible.
before I realised I was a wide I wore size 14 Burton Rulers. Essentially I compensated for my need for width by buying bigger boots (I didn’t know I was doing this, just thought that was my snowboard boot size). Once I used the measurements and wiredsport recommended size 12 ruler or photon wides, after initial scepticism I tried the photon wide and it was perfect having sized down two sizes. Amazing!

·
Registered
27 Posts
before I realised I was a wide I wore size 14 Burton Rulers. Essentially I compensated for my need for width by buying bigger boots (I didn’t know I was doing this, just thought that was my snowboard boot size). Once I used the measurements and wiredsport recommended size 12 ruler or photon wides, after initial scepticism I tried the photon wide and it was perfect having sized down two sizes. Amazing!

Thanks for this! I feel like a priest right now blasting science. I just need to get my confidence up before I spend $399.95 on a pair of boots my heart ( not brain, I can read the measurements) is telling me won't fit.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,409 ·
So it looks like I’m 28 CM long and 11.11 Cm wide. Let me know if I should redo these measurements. The tape measure I used is in inches so I had to convert last season I went to a snowboard shop, they said I needed a size 11 and so I bought some burton photons size 11. Even after 40ish days riding in the boots I was miserable. Feet falling asleep, always in constant, terrible pain after the first run. I went to a professional boot fitter / heat molder aka Bootsie's Teton Boot Lab. After looking at my foot in the shell for about 60 seconds he said, sorry I can’t help you. Go buy bigger boots. I went back to the same shop, they looked at my foot in the shell and said yes, this boot is too small. We should have looked at your foot in the shell when we first sold them to you and they gave me a full refund (This was after about the two months that it took me to get 40 days on the hill). They ended up putting me in adidas tactical 12 and I’ve never been happier. So looking at Burtons website it tells me for a Mondo 28 to buy a size 10 Photon. Judging by my width, I'd need a Photon Wide however. How come the boot fitter and the shop didn't say 'hey you don't need bigger boots, just wider boots.' I know for a fact I cannot fit into a photon size 10 mondo 28 but this is saying I could fit into the wide verson? I just can't see how it's possible. A size 11 made me want to quit riding (they weren't wide though). My personal experience just tells me there is a better chance Angry is going to become BFFs w/ good ride than me fitting into a photon 10 wide. I just don't see how it's possible.
Hi Apex,

Yes, 11 inches is 27.94 cm or Mondopoint 280. This is size 10 US in snowboard boots. You are an EE width which does require a specific Wide boot. I would strongly suggest the Burton Ruler Wide or Photon Wide. Those are designed for EEE width.

Please have a look at this chart: https://www.wiredsport.com/width2.JPG

STOKED!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for this! I feel like a priest right now blasting science. I just need to get my confidence up before I spend $399.95 on a pair of boots my heart ( not brain, I can read the measurements) is telling me won't fit.
I would trust the recommendations as this thread is absolutely full of people refusing to believe them - one group continue to refuse and continue to wear ill-fitting, usually too large boots, the other group listen to what he advises and I don't remember a single one regretting it from what I've seen. My plan at the beginning was to get the size recommended, and if it was really too tight then I would go half a size up (which was still downsizing significantly). I didn't need to in the end.

I guess you can always buy from a place that allows free returns if you want to be safe. Boots should fit with some contact with your toes at the edge of the toe box (when in the neutral position ie. knees slightly bent - if you're standing straight, your toes will crush into the toe box and it will seem as though the boots are too small). If you're in the position and your toes are really painfully pushing into the toebox then it's difficult to know whether that will be fine when the boot packs out a bit after a few days' use, or whether it will remain tight. Wiredsport will have better advice in this scenario.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Apex,

Yes, 11 inches is 27.94 cm or Mondopoint 280. This is size 10 US in snowboard boots. You are an EE width which does require a specific Wide boot. I would strongly suggest the Burton Ruler Wide or Photon Wide. Those are designed for EEE width.

Please have a look at this chart: https://www.wiredsport.com/width2.JPG

STOKED!
going to try the photon 10w..... stoked if this works as it opens up more board options for me :) Thanks Wired

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,412 ·
going to try the photon 10w..... stoked if this works as it opens up more board options for me :) Thanks Wired
Very pleased to help. Please get your heat fit done right away. As always, that should be considered mandatory. :)

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

Wiredsport is rated "Excellent" with 4.5 / 5 on Trustpilot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wiredsport,

I'm getting back into boarding after close to 10 years away, and stumbled across this thread doing some research. Would love your feedback/size recommendations. Attached measurement photos per your request. The length on the left foot was blurry, but I also zoomed in (while standing straight up, no bending over FYI), so that measurement has two photos.

I also slid the ruler under the baseboard, so the zero reference point does start at the baseboard itself, no offset to take into account. I also took the measurements about 3x each to eliminate any variations/mis-meausrements. I read the measurements as the following:

Left: 274, 98
Right: 272, 99

This should put me into a US men 9.5 boot, but not sure about the width. I was looking at 21/22 Burton Photons or possibly the SLX.

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,415 ·
Wiredsport,

I'm getting back into boarding after close to 10 years away, and stumbled across this thread doing some research. Would love your feedback/size recommendations. Attached measurement photos per your request. The length on the left foot was blurry, but I also zoomed in (while standing straight up, no bending over FYI), so that measurement has two photos.

I also slid the ruler under the baseboard, so the zero reference point does start at the baseboard itself, no offset to take into account. I also took the measurements about 3x each to eliminate any variations/mis-meausrements. I read the measurements as the following:

Left: 274, 98
Right: 272, 99

This should put me into a US men 9.5 boot, but not sure about the width. I was looking at 21/22 Burton Photons or possibly the SLX.

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated!!!
Hi Donk,
Yes, you are indeed Mondo 275. 99 mm is a "standard" D width at this size so you have a lot of great options.

STOKED!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Excellent, thanks a ton for the help! I'll head over and leave you some feedback today.

It looks like I'm almost right on the line of being between a 9.5 and 10 size boot, at least by your sizing calculator. 2 more mm would making me a 276 and throw me into a size 10.

Is there any scenario or boot where a 10 could work out for me, or would you recommend I stick with the 9.5? I realize when a situation is this close to falling on either side of the fence, they can be pros and cons to either choice.

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Placeholder - for Kevin SnowboardProCamp

Don't be shy!

·
Registered
107 Posts
@Wiredsport thanks a lot for all the helpful insights in this thread.

One quick question - is it possible to find out what widths the individual boots are made for? I'm currently eying the K2 Thraxis but couldn't find information on K2's website (or elsewhere) as to which foot width they are made for...
@Wiredsport sorry if I've missed it but any chance you know which width the Thraxis are (or generally if there is a source showing the different boot widths)? Measuring my feet I get to 10.9cm width and 28.2cm length. Currently riding an Ion in 285 Mondo but looking to upgrade to something stiffer. I have tried the 280 Mondo Thraxis last season and it seemed to fit well but wanted to make sure my feeling is confirmed by (boot) science ;)

Cheers!

2401 - 2420 of 2441 Posts