Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
2461 - 2480 of 2497 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey I got some boots and my toes are squished on the end of the boot. I read that you said this is normal since a boot is shaped like an upside down 7. The liners are imprint 3x and I couldn't find the heat molding temperature but it says to go to an authorized burton dealer who has a "Therm-ic heat molding unit", do you think it's necessary or could I go to any shop?

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,463 ·
Hey I got some boots and my toes are squished on the end of the boot. I read that you said this is normal since a boot is shaped like an upside down 7. The liners are imprint 3x and I couldn't find the heat molding temperature but it says to go to an authorized burton dealer who has a "Therm-ic heat molding unit", do you think it's necessary or could I go to any shop?
Hi,
Any shop that does heat fits should be able to do this for you provided that they have an appropriate and adjustable unit for heat fit and that they are knowledgeable.

STOKED!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello good sir,

I was wondering if you could please give me some informed instruction on my new boots - Salomon Dialogue Size 11 Wide. They fit very snug and my longest toe (big-toe) is pressing against the liner (barely comfortable, still getting used to it and need to break these in). My question is whether or not I need the wides, I suppose my mondopoint also placed me between 10.5-11 but I think sizing down would be awful for my front toes and frankly unwearable. The shop guy told me that I was between regular and wide as well, using the brannock device (snow-socks ON), and I just double-checked my right foot - 4.125 inch width, a 16th wider on my left foot (barefoot).

Pics with the footbeds provided below:

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,465 ·
Hello good sir,

I was wondering if you could please give me some informed instruction on my new boots - Salomon Dialogue Size 11 Wide. They fit very snug and my longest toe (big-toe) is pressing against the liner (barely comfortable, still getting used to it and need to break these in). My question is whether or not I need the wides, I suppose my mondopoint also placed me between 10.5-11 but I think sizing down would be awful for my front toes and frankly unwearable. The shop guy told me that I was between regular and wide as well, using the brannock device (snow-socks ON), and I just double-checked my right foot - 4.125 inch width, a 16th wider on my left foot (barefoot).

Pics with the footbeds provided below:

Let me know what you think!
Hi,

I will be happy to help. Please post all 4 barefoot measurements.

Please measure your feet using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters). For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I will be happy to help. Please post all 4 barefoot measurements.

Please measure your feet using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters). For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.

Here are the measurements - glad you had me recheck.

Right foot -
Length: 28.01 cm
Width: 10 cm

Left foot -
Length: 27.94 cm
Width: 10.16 cm

Pics of me measuring because now I need to be told if I'm doing this correctly as well:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,467 ·
Here are the measurements - glad you had me recheck.

Right foot -
Length: 28.01 cm
Width: 10 cm

Left foot -
Length: 27.94 cm
Width: 10.16 cm

Pics of me measuring because now I need to be told if I'm doing this correctly as well:
Hi,

You are the largest measurement in the range for Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in snowboard boots. 10.16. cm is standard D width. Your length measurements are looking good. I would like to see your width images as well.

STOKED!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

You are the largest measurement in the range for Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in snowboard boots. 10.16. cm is standard D width. Your length measurements are looking good. I would like to see your width images as well.

STOKED!

Hmm, I saw that after checking my length and was a little perplexed that my size is that low, although I suppose it's bordering 10.5 - these 11s are quite snug and I'm a little worried that 10.5 will have my big toe curling. It was already getting sore just from walking around the shop for 20 mins in the size 11.

I originally did the width incorrectly with my inner foot away from the wall, I did rectify this and came up with the same results. Pics of the failed attempt are below, I can snap new ones of me doing it correctly if necessary.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,471 ·
Hi Geis,

For width images, your feet ore reversed. Please take this measurement again with the medial (inside) side of the foot against the wall. Please make sure that the wall is long enough to have contact with the front of your foot and the ankle where it will contact the wall. It looks like the location in these images will not work for width. Measurements are the key to correct sizing so we need thes to be very accurate.

STOKED!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Geis,

For width images, your feet ore reversed. Please take this measurement again with the medial (inside) side of the foot against the wall. Please make sure that the wall is long enough to have contact with the front of your foot and the ankle where it will contact the wall. It looks like the location in these images will not work for width. Measurements are the key to correct sizing so we need thes to be very accurate.

STOKED!

As requested, here are my new and improved width measurements -

Right foot: 9.84cm
Left foot: 10.00 cm

Weight was evenly distributed onto measure foot and they were pressed firmly into the wall

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,473 ·
As requested, here are my new and improved width measurements -

Right foot: 9.84cm
Left foot: 10.00 cm

Weight was evenly distributed onto measure foot and they were pressed firmly into the wall
Hi,

Thanks for doing that. You are Mondopoint 280 or US size 10 in Snowboard boots. You are a standard D width so you will not want Wide boots.

STOKED!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for doing that. You are Mondopoint 280 or US size 10 in Snowboard boots. You are a standard D width so you will not want Wide boots.

STOKED!

Thanks for all of the help Wiredsport 🙏

I do wish for some advice on the size, given my toe discomfort should I just rough it out with a 10.5? Once again, my big toe particularly on the right foot was quite sore after trying on the size 11 dialogues

I cannot imagine a full size smaller and even 10.5 kind of worries me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

Based on the measurements above you are size 10. Please let me know what socks you were wearing and if the boots were tightly laced during try on.

STOKED!
I was indeed wearing socks, I had read on Salomons website that you should use whatever socks you plan to wear while boarding (while sizing your feet). The socks I wore were reasonably thick, perhaps wool (I forgot their material)

I tightened the laces snug as if I were going to be riding, but not overtight

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,477 ·
I was indeed wearing socks, I had read on Salomons website that you should use whatever socks you plan to wear while boarding (while sizing your feet). The socks I wore were reasonably thick, perhaps wool (I forgot their material)

I tightened the laces snug as if I were going to be riding, but not overtight
Hi,
Thin snowboarding socks are really critical here. Thin socks will be warmer, drier, and offer far better performance. Thicker wool socks can easily add 1 cm over a proper snowboard sock (keeping in mind that each mondopoint size is only .5 cm. My suggestions would be to order a few sets of thin Marino snowboard socks and order your boots in your Mondo size. Lastly, one of your nails is very long (for snowboarding) in this image https://www.snowboardingforum.com/attachments/20211120_144226-jpg.159896/ . That one will eventually cause pain, even in a well fit boot. I hope that this is received as a well meaning comment from someone who has made this same mistake :).

STOKED!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
Thin snowboarding socks are really critical here. Thin socks will be warmer, drier, and offer far better performance. Thicker wool socks can easily add 1 cm over a proper snowboard sock (keeping in mind that each mondopoint size is only .5 cm. My suggestions would be to order a few sets of thin Marino snowboard socks and order your boots in your Mondo size. Lastly, one of your nails is very long (for snowboarding) in this image https://www.snowboardingforum.com/attachments/20211120_144226-jpg.159896/ . That one will eventually cause pain, even in a well fit boot. I hope that this is received as a well meaning comment from someone who has made this same mistake :).

STOKED!
Haha yeah that nail is a little embarrassing. I wear thin socks to work every day, should I go to the store and try on size 10 with these?

If it feels too uncomfortable should I compromise with 10.5? I promise I'm not trying to be difficult with insisting on asking about it, with my length being on the borderline between 10 and 10.5 I figured I may need the larger of the two given how I expect the size 10 boots to feel, even barefooted

Should I try them on barefooted?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Thin socks for the win! Compression socks are also popular around here.

Boots pack out as you use them. They can grow a full size larger as they break in. The idea is to get boots that'll fit perfectly when they break in.

Boots aren't all shaped the same either. You've got to try on a few to find ones that match your foot shape well. Then you've got to heat mold the liners to your feet- they're basically formless socks that need to be formed to the shells and your feet. Until that happens, you're probably going to have hot spots.

When trying on boots, kick your heels on the ground to seat your heels into the heel pockets. This seems obvious, but you can gain a ton of toe room this way. Lace the boots up as if you are going to go ride.

2461 - 2480 of 2497 Posts